Its All Coming Back

Everything was back to normal. There was no fear when the Dark Lord was spoke of. Kacey was a hero at Hogwarts. She had saved Harry, and nearly everyone there. She broke free from the chains that weighed her down.

In honor of her fallen friend, she changed her name. Going by Kacey Snape now. It was more painful then Cedric's death. She had lost not only a great friend. But her father. The father she chose. He was at peace now. With his dear friend and his old love..

"Kacey, good morning." Corie welcomed her friend into the dining hall, watching her gloomy behavior. Things had gone down hill.

"Good morning Snape!"

"Morning Kacey!"

She was flooded with students that were proud of her bravery. Her fellow peers saw her as a hero. A celebrity. But some few, saw her differently.

"A bloody Riddle."

"She should be expelled!"

"Run off before I have to chase you off myself!" Draco stepped in, pushing students aside besides Corie. "She saved your ungrateful arses!"

"But isn't it her fault our professor was killed?"

"Who said that?" He gritted through closed teeth, his eyes darting to each student. "It was me.." A bold figure revealed his hiding spot in the crowd, a chocolate skin tone everyone knew. Blaise. "If she didn't come here, Snape wouldn't be dead. Not yet at least."

"I'd never do something to intentionally hurt him! I loved him, more than you could understand." This, was something she wouldn't stay quiet about. "Love him.. in which way? Miss Snape.. or Mrs?"

She pushed Draco to the side and threw her first at the boy, punching him straight in the nose. He groaned in pain, holding onto his bloody nose. "Miss, he was the father I wanted! Now watch your bloody mouth, or Ill make sure you can never pucker up to one of your whores again." Blaise scoffed before walking off, mumbling insults beneath his breath. People were staring. Some students seem pleased with how she stood up to Blaise, his "whores" weren't.

"On your way now, don't stare too hard." Draco hissed, having his hand on the small of the girl's back as he lead them to the Great Hall. They took their sit at the Gryffindor table, the pair sitting on each side of Harry. The same sex sitting on their outside. "Lovely morning, isn't it?" Hermione chuckled, nudging her only girl friend. "I guess so." She shrugged. "One of those days?" Harry whispered, smiling faintly. "Yeah."

He sighed softly, he felt his friend's pain. Even he was saddened about Snape. A professor that had looked out for him. "It'll get better, we're all here for you.. Corie too, wherever she is."

"Probably back in the dorm, I saw her before I left this morning." Kacey stated, watching as Draco fiddled with his fingers. He didn't seem like he was in the best mood since the fight. Which people have started calling "The Battle of Hogwarts". "Well, let's get to class and chat about our days at dinner. I have some things to catch up on, and I have to make sure Ron doesn't fall behind." The Golden Trio stood once Hermione excused them, Harry waved at his side as they left.

"Draco, you're quiet.." She sighed softly, taking his hand in hers. "I know, I just have a lot on my mind.." He gently squeezed her hand, parting his lips to speak again. "I'm sorry, about all the things I said about you. I never meant anything I said, I'm still the same boy you met all those years ago.. I'm still your knight." He whispered, watching as the girl's expression changed. A faint smile, and watering eyes. "Oh, don't cry Princess.." He chuckled softly, wiping the singular tear off her cheek.

"I'm happy Draco, I thought I lost you.." The girl sniffled softly, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I better get to class, meet me at the "tower", ten." He only nodded in response, holding his cheek in awe as the girl walked away. "The tower.."

It was rather a long day, the Battle was still hot news and not to mention Blaise and Kacey's interaction earlier today. Things had changed for her. The way she treated people, the way she'd drag herself out of bed, what she'd eat, and how much she'd pay attention in Potions.. Everything was different without her two men. Her father, her lover. But, she felt as if she was progressing. She started to think about their deaths less often, she didn't cry as much either. Draco was her stability, her rock. The one person who always stood beside her, no matter what. Of course they had their fights, but afterwards each always felt a heart wrenching guilt. Something else, as well..

The girl awaited the boy patiently, Corie had helped her dress nicely. Her own stylist, how cute. Her black sundress slightly danced in the wind as she leaned against the cold railing, so many happy memories here..

The platinum blonde slowly climbed the stairs, wearing his all black suit as he approached her. "Good evening." He spoke softly, joining her at her side. "Hey." She returned, turning to him with a faint smile.

His breath was blown away when she turned in his direction, it felt as if the wind had been knocked out of his chest. His heart raced, and she knew it. Gently placing her hand on his chest "I-I don't know what has us connected like this.. But it just feels like, your heart is mine."

"What do you mean, exactly?"

"I believe my father put a curse on me when I was young, giving me my "heart condition", the Phoenix's Heart.. the ruby. It's what connects us. Since he's dead, I won't be having any problems since neither of us are connected to him anymore.. We're connected, just us." It was all hard to take in, and rather confusing. Part of him understood. "I want to say Im living off of you, but I don't want us the take of the jewelry and find out I'm right." She chuckled softly, watching as Draco stared.

"I-I know that sounds dumb but it's the only thing I can think of that makes sense-" Draco covered her mouth, laughing softly. "You talk a lot when you're nervous, why so?"

"I don't know Draco, a lot has happened since I came here. I-I miss our happy summers Draco.." She sniffled softly, feeling tears slowly running down her face. "Kacey, please there's no need to cry.." For the first time, in a real long time he felt like crying as well. "We were so happy, and now most of my happiness is gone.. Cedric, Snape, and I cant lose you.."

"We can have summers like we used to, I'm not Cedric.. But I'll do whatever I can, to make you as happy as he did." He knew no one could replaced Cedric, her first love. Her first boyfriend. "I'll be the best Cedric I can.."

"Draco, I loved Cedric. B-but he's gone and there's no changing that.. I want Draco, Draco is the boy I've been in love with since I was a little girl. I-I hate that i'm just not realizing my feelings for you.." Draco was undoubtedly speechless, her realization was his own. He too had loved the girl for as long as he could remember. The feelings of envy and jealously he had when he looked at the former couple, that's the explanation.

"For Merlin's sake." He groaned dramatically, placing his hand on top of hers that held his chest. "For such a badass girl, you're quite the wuss sometimes." He was gentle when he pressed his lips to hers.

There was a spark they both felt within, both of their bodies jolting in response. Kacey felt the heat rush to her face, gently cropping the cotton of his shirt. His hand gently squeezed her own, while his free hand resting on her pale.. pink painted cheeks.

"I'll forever be your Knight."