Envy

"Can you uncover my eyes soon?" Cedric had a hand over the girl's eyes as he lead her around the school. He wanted to be the first to show her this building, hopefully no one had brought her around here yet. Tonight was the perfect night for this. "Soon, be careful. We're going up some stairs." He kept her eyes covered, standing with his chest practically to her chest if she were to fall.

"If we get caught, I'm blaming you."

"That's fine with me."

Once Cedric had stopped walking Kacey stopped as well, feeling his light breathing on her head. His hand fell from her face and to his side, brushing past her to lean again the railing. "What is this place?" Her eyes scanned the building. Telescopes. "The Astronomy Tower, come over here."

As she joined his side her breath was taken away. The view was absolutely beautiful. The landscape, the night sky, everything. It was the same sky she saw at home, but it just didn't feel the same. It felt as if the starts shined brighter here. Brighter than anywhere else. Cedric looked to her for approval, and soon received an answer when she smiled. He hadn't seen her smile really.

She should smile more.

He was staring, burning her face into his head. A small feature was brought to his attention. A small dimple on the right side, it was only visible when she smiled. His heart raced as she turned her gaze towards him, smiling faintly as she leaned against the cold railing as well.

"Thank you for bringing me here, it really made my day."

"Anytime."

Before she caught herself staring she averted her eyes, scanning the night sky. What was her father doing now?

The rest of the night they stared at the stars in silence until it got late. Cedric was kind enough to walk her back to her dorm, leaving with a gentle smile. They both fell asleep right as their heads hit their pillows.

"Look who decided to wake up boys." Kacey had just finished getting dressed when Draco was already trying to torment her. "Long night?" He stood from his seat on the couch, trailing behind the girl in the common room. "Yes."

"Look at you, already sneaking out on your first week to see a boy." Crabbe and Goyle snickered behind his back, looking to see the girl glaring them down. Suddenly, the laughter was over.

"What boy would I go see? None of you reach my standards."

"Maybe that Potter boy, should I go question him? Maybe give him another scar."

"You bloody twat, leave that boy alone. I didn't go see him."

"Ooooh, but maybe you did go see someone?" Draco towered over the girl, peering down into her eyes. His hands resting firmly on his hips.

"Grow up Malfoy, and grow a pair while you're at it." She spun on her heel, leaving the common room for breakfast.

"Malfoy, why are you so interested?" Goyle dared to question his leader, earning a look from over his shoulder.

"I like to be a pest, that's the end of it."

Why do I care so much? I should be focusing on Potter.

"Hey, Smite!" While she was making her plate, she turned to the Hufflepuff that had called her name. A pink rose in hand. "Diggory, good morning." From over his shoulder she noticed a dark haired girl from RavenClaw. Staring. Intensly.

"I found this for you." He held the rose out confidently, waiting for the girl to accept his gift.

"A rose, how did you know I liked them?" With a questioning look on her face, she took the rose from his hand. Holding it near her nose to sniff it.

"You smell like roses, so I just took a guess.." He was praying he didn't come off as creepy, but maybe romantic instead. It was a sweet gesture afterall. "But, I didn't know about the pink.."

"All roses are beautiful, thank you Diggory."

"Of course, I'll let you eat now. See ya' around, Smite." He turned away with a smile.

The RavenClaw was still staring at Kacey, she only smirked in return.

Aw, did I hit a nerve?

The girl took a seat at her Slytherin table, placing the rose on her lap while she ate. "Look at this boys." She didn't raise her head from her plate when she felt the presence of the twat sit beside her. "A rose? From who?" He swiped the rose from out of her lap, that caught her attention. "Give it back Malfoy." Her voice was firm, her hands clenching onto her silverware. "Who is it from?" He ignored her demand, holding it behind his back so it was out of her grasp. "I found it."

"Lies, I saw a Hufflepuff boy give it to her!" Crabbe interjected, earning a kick in the shin by the girl they were pestering. "Oi! That hurt!"

"A Hufflepuff? How.. disgusting." Draco looked at her in disapproval, as if she cared.

"Unlike you he's not a total fucking cunt." Her knuckles were beginning to turn white from how hard she was grasping onto her fork and butterknife.

"What's his name?"

"Give me the damn rose Malfoy!" People were starting to look as she raised her voice. Including the Golden Trio.

Draco scoffed when he felt the rose yanked from out of his hold, he turned to see Harry.

"Potter, why don't you stay out of this?" Draco rose from his seat, staring down the boy.

"Leave the girl alone Malfoy, she's obviously not into you. No need to get jealous."

He was willing to stand up for a girl he barely knew. If he was already this kind to her, this would be a piece of cake for Kacey. Kacey rose from her seat and took the rose from Harry, smiling faintly.

"She looks like a bloody toad! I would never!" Draco spat, looking between the two. His heart sank when he saw the look on her face. She looked hurt, but mainly angry.

"You bloody spoiled, incel, cockroach, twat!" Everyone had to be looking by now, they were causing a scene. "I'm going to make your year a fucking nightmare."