Chapter 7

Callie was still asleep when Blake finished getting ready for practice. He grabbed the hotel stationery that was sitting by the phone and a pen and wrote her a quick note. Signing his name at the bottom he put the cap back on the pen and laid it down on the table before taking the note and laying it on the counter in the bathroom. Surely she would see it there. 

He took one last look at her before grabbing his bag and a bottled water and heading out. He met up with DJ in the hall on the way to the elevator. DJ looked just as exhausted as he felt.

“How’s Madison?” Blake asked falling in step with DJ.

“Still asleep. I wish I was. Did you get Callie back to their suite?” DJ asked stopping and pushing the button for the elevator. 

“Not exactly,” Blake sighed rubbing the back of his neck. 

“What did you do?” DJ glared at him as the elevator doors opened.

“Well she wanted to go back to my room so I brought her back,” Blake started as the doors closed after they had stepped on.

DJ gave Blake a pointed look as he continued his explanation. 

“We slept that’s it. She actually moved to the other bed when the alcohol wore off,” Blake said looking away from his friend. 

“Wait, wait she had to be drunk to share a bed with you?” DJ laughed. “That’s awesome. What did you do to piss her off?”

“She saw me flirting with that girl in the club. I was trying to piss her off. I wanted her to finally be honest with herself and me, but that didn’t exactly work,” Blake explained as the elevator stopped on the bottom floor and the doors opened. 

“Yeah. You’re a dumbass,” DJ laughed shaking his head. “You better fix it, or I’m gonna be in trouble,”

Blake rolled his eyes as they approached the rest of the team. He knew he needed to fix it but it had nothing to do with DJ. He definitely didn’t want Callie going back to Texas thinking he was exactly what his reputation said he was. 

Callie woke up taking a minute to figure out exactly where she was. What happened last night came flooding back to her. She remembered seeing that girl all over Blake and suddenly she was right back to being just as angry as she was when she started pounding the tequila shots. She wasn’t just mad at Blake she was mad at herself. She knew better than to let herself have any sort of emotional attachment to another guy after what had happened with Liam. 

Shaking her head she got up and walked into the bathroom to try and pull herself together a little and to change her clothes. She smiled slightly seeing her reflection and that she was wearing Blake’s clothes. At least he was nice enough to let her borrow something to sleep in after what he had done downstairs. 

She looked down at the counter and saw a piece of paper laying there with her name on it. She grabbed it and read the note Blake had left for her.