Chapter 38

"So here's what I packed for him to get him through being out here or on the road with you guys. Please call me if you need anything," Brynn said handing over the rollaway suitcase to Callie while Marieka was holding Ford. 

"Sounds good. Thanks again for doing this," Callie smiled back at the woman. 

 "No it was a great idea really. They don't get enough time together and if you're meeting his family you're obviously serious enough that you need time with Ford too," Brynn said turning and running her fingers through his longer blonde hair. 

"I'm glad you're being a good sport about that," Callie sighed. 

 "Honey trust me. He's had enough girls in his life that I would've killed him had they come around my son. You're different. You're good for him. I just hope he realizes it too," 

 "She's right you know," Marieka smiled over at Callie. 

"We should go so we don't miss dinner," Callie sighed looking at the time on her phone.

"Have fun. I love you baby," Brynn said kissing Ford's head. 

 The little boy leaned away from Marieka and reached out to hug his mom before Brynn said goodbye to both Marieka and Callie. 

 "Hi sweet boy," Callie smiled down at him. 

 "Hi," Ford smiled up at her as he reached for her. 

"Alright fine. I'll share," Marieka laughed trading Callie and taking the suitcase. 

 Ford smiled up at Callie who was smiling right back down at him. It was definitely way too soon, but she was already starting to feel a motherly love toward the blonde headed little boy who was every bit his father's clone. 

 "Sickening how much he looks like Blake isn't it?" Marieka asked as they were loading up the car. 

 "He really does," Callie said buckling Ford in the car seat. 

"You ready to go see daddy?" She smiled down at him. 

 "Da da," Ford smiled clapping his little hands. 

 "Almost makes you want one doesn't it?" Marieka smirked at Callie as they were pulling out of the parking lot. 

 "Funny. If I'm with Blake technically we have one right?" Callie challenged. 

 "Yes, but you know what I mean," 

 "I do. Didn't you hear Gail? It's your turn honey," Callie laughed. 

 "Maybe after we stop moving all over California," Marieka nodded. 

 The car ride back to the house seemed to go a lot slower than the drive to the airport. Callie was convinced it was because she was so impatient to see how Blake reacted to having Ford with them for Thanksgiving.

 "Just imagine the amazing sex you're gonna get for this," Marieka said quietly as they pulled into the neighborhood. 

 "Really? There's little ears in the car," Callie smirked over at her.

"He has no clue what we're talking about," Marieka laughed. 

 "That's what you think. Wait till he says that word," Callie said shaking her head. 

"Hello you know who his father is? I'm surprised he doesn't already know it," Marieka laughed.

 "I'd like to think there are certain aspects of Blake's life that Ford doesn't know about and won't know about until he is much older," Callie sighed as they turned down the street Tommy and Gail's house.