Chapter 4

"Damn!" Bianca growled in frustration as Giana ran down the hall, ignoring her calls.

She slammed the door behind her, diving into her bed. Her lips tingled from the kiss and she could still taste Giana on her lips. Pizza and oddly enough, grapes. She hadn't expected the flavour combination to be so intoxicating. 

God, what had she been thinking, kissing someone like Giana. Women like her would never get in a relationship with someone like her. They wouldn't get into a relationship with a girl altogether.

Giana was the kind of girl to sit in her house with a cat and a good book, daydreaming about her boyfriend. Someone as beautiful as her was bound to have a boyfriend already.

She did spend a lot of time with the music professor; she had even seen them together after they had run into one another outside the cafeteria. Giana had even admitted to having filled her dorm with sketches of the man.

Her eyes landed on the sketch she had done on the first day of the semester, saddened by the details. It was the first time she had ever seen her look so alone but she couldn't resist capturing it on paper, wanting a record of every expression, every emotion possible that could possibly be made by Giana.

She hadn't missed the redness of her eyes or the puffiness that Giana had worked so hard to cover with make-up. Bianca could see all the signs, she'd been crying.

When Giana had approached her after class she had ran, fighting the urge to go back and take her into her arms and wash the sorrow she saw into the river Lethe.

Now, it was most likely that Giana would avoid her at all cost. She had to make it right and she had to do it now.

Bianca got up, grabbing her keys and heading outside, starting up her car and driving in the direction of Giana's place before she could talk herself out of it.

She had found out where Giana had lived by pure accident while going to a party with some of the other business students.

She parked a few houses down and began walking but as luck would have it rain began to fall. It started as small droplets at first but before Bianca could register the small drizzle changed into a full-blown washout, soaking her thoroughly before she broke into a dash for Giana's house seeing as it was closer than her car.

She released a sigh of relief when she reached the porch and rang the doorbell, water dripping from every part of her.

~~~~~

The doorbell rang, sending Nelson into a flurry for the bedroom.

Giana put down her laptop and went to the door, wondering who would come to see her in such weather.

She opened the door and stopped short when she saw Bianca standing in her porch, dripping wet, smiling sheepishly.

"Guess the sky thought I should wash up before I saw you."

"Oh goodness, come in," Giana insisted, fetching a towel for the girl. 

She accepted it, drying off quickly. "Nice wall mural. I almost thought you'd leave me out there."

"Why would I do that?"

"After what happened in my room..." Bianca trailed off and Giana felt her cheeks heat up.

"I am not that mean."

"I came over here to talk to you about that."

Giana felt her throat tighten. She didn't want to remember that. Just then her cell began ringing.

She picked it up, putting it down as soon as she glanced at the caller ID. It rang a few times before the voicemail cut in. A few moments later it began ringing again and she sighed in frustration.