Chapter 11

Bianca and Giana stare at the scene before them in shock, Caleb tiptoeing over the doctor Cyrus had knocked out, lifting the man up and seating him in a chair on the other side of the room, patting his face until he came back around, seeming unfazed by the sight of his husband kissing the socks off of James.

"Cyrus really needs to stop knocking people out." Caleb shook his head, only quirking his brow as James slapped his husband soundly, pulling out of the tight embrace he had been held in to storm from the room. 

Giana rose to go after his but Bianca grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving. 

"If you walk out that door without answering me, don't come back."

The chilling ultimatum made Giana shiver, her heart aching at the thought of losing Bianca, the fright of having lost her forever still fresh in her chest an she looked to Caleb as if for an answer but the man was staring at his husband, lost in his own mess of emotions.

"I want to say yes Bianca, but what happens three months down the line when you realize your feelings weren't what you thought they were?"

Bianca pulled her down onto the bed, wrapping her arms around the shaking woman she had fallen for, wanting to take away the fear and tortured expression that twisted her beautiful face, only to grimace as her injuries protested the extra weight. 

"I love you Giana. This isn't a silly crush or infatuation. I tried to get over it, to push you out of my head, and I thought that maybe, if I got closer to you, I would get  you out of my system, but I only fell harder for you." 

Bianca's words made Giana's heart tighten and she looked up at her with teary eyes, an awkward smile on her face. She leaned forward and kissed Bianca, holding her face, only moving back as she felt Bianca wince. She shot up off the bed, remembering Bianca's injuries but she kept her hand locked with Bianca's.

"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend. I'm an idiot, but at least now I know you're an idiot too. Just promise you won't do anything this stupid again." She waved her hand at the bandages and Bianca laughed, grimacing as she did. 

"I swear to you, I don't plan on making this a habit." Bianca laughed, stopping midway to wince and hold her side.

Giana looked back up to see Caleb and Cyrus had both left the room at some point, leaving the doctor who was rubbing his temple, a dark bruise forming around his left eye. He turned to look at them, muttering something that sounded like an apology before rising to leave the two women to themselves. Giana looked back to Bianca and smirked, leaning in closer, her lips stealing Bianca's quickly in a swift kiss.

"There. It's official now."

*****

Caleb took one last look at Giana and Bianca as they spoke, tuning out their discussion as he watched Cyrus chase after James. How many times had it come to this? How many times would they manage to talk James into coming back to the same old routine that had been their crazy relationship since high school? He stopped when he found Cyrus sitting with his head in his hands out in the hall, his eyes fixed on a blank space on the wall.

"What were you thinking?"

Cyrus looked up at him Caleb, his face showing too many emotions for the usually stoic man. He looked back down, guilt riding him as he read the thoughts going through Caleb's ever working mind, knowing well he may have ruined everything.

"He was touching James. You would have done the same if you had seen it."

Caleb sat down on the seat beside Cyrus, thinking of what had just been said, his mind going back to the sight of James with marks on his skin from another man.