26 ♛ Pamela, The Savior

Four Years Ago
2nd Hour Under The Twin Full Moons
18th Day of the 11th Month
26th Year of the Augustinian Calendar

Only then, she slowly untangled his arms on his waist and sheets. The space between her thighs felt moist and strange. She also ached all over, but Diana could securely tie the pouch of gold to her waist and wore her gown, with the prince's inner shirt as her coat to cover her exposed skin. There were servants outside, like all the other VIP suites. Additionally, Niccolus' men were also waiting on standby on her report and to take her to a house while waiting for her pregnancy.

Pregnancy. She paused at the word. What if she will get pregnant? She didn't drink the contraceptives distributed in the brothel, fearing that it might affect her health. She steeled herself to accept the consequences of she got pregnant by the client. She can just hide the child until after she meets Xander four years later and help him become king. She had everything planned, but not this—not his child.

She shook her head, realized that she was staring at him for a while. She will think of a solution later—her escape matters for now. Diana opened the window and stepped on the narrow ledge. Good thing it was still dark outside, and the brothel activity mellowed down.

She treaded on the narrow brick ledge outside her window, protruding across the suites, just below the windows. The wind howled, her thin gown and hair danced along. Her knees almost gave out, but Diana gripped the upper ledges. She never looked down, and prayed to whoever gods, that no one would pass by the alley below her and notice.

By the next room's open window, Diana paused at a cry and scream from a female voice. "Help!"

She continued her steps, ignoring the cries. But as she passed by their window, Diana made out two figures from the lamp glow. A man was on top of a woman; then there was the sound of ripped clothes and a slap. Another cry for help reached Diana's ears.

She also has problems of her own, and she was running out of time, but Diana found herself quietly climbing up the window and picking up the bottle of liquor by the bedside. Then she hit the man on his nape with all the strength she can muster, twice, until the man fell on the carpet. Thankfully, he was thin, and the bottle didn't break. The servants may be deaf to the screams of women, but not to the screams of the customers.

"Shh..." She covered the girl's mouth. And the latter nodded.

Diana took her hands away, and the girl, in a whisper, began explaining her situation. She was a daughter of a small bar owner and was abducted to be sold.

Diana took her hand towards the window with a short, "We have no time." They treaded the ledge until they reached the corner alley where the narrow pipes are and climbed down. Until finally, they jumped to a pile of trash, disturbing the felines scavenging the heap of garbage.

They ran through the shadows. This time, the other girl was the one leading the way, alleys to alleys.

"I'm Avelyn," she said midrun.

"...Pamela," Diana replied, using her alias in the brothel.

The girl paused and squeezed her a hug. "Thank you. Stay with us for a while. I will do everything to repay you. Father will make sure of it."

Diana thought for a moment but then shook her head. "I only need a carriage to take me somewhere. And if you can... please ask someone to go back and wake up the sleeping man in the room next to yours. And if he's still asleep, tie him so he won't make a ruckus and bring him back here.