Clau

Hi Ate.

My boyfriend cheated on me with one of my closest friends. Ang sakit lang at ilang weeks po akong iyak ng iyak, hindi makatulog at hindi po makakain. Lutang ako at muntik na akong mag-drop sa lahat ng subjects ko noong sem na yon. Humingi ang bf ko ng tawad at sinuyo nya po ako ulit. Noong una ay hindi ko sya pinapansin kasi galit na galit ako sa kanya but eventually napatawad ko din po sya at nagkabalikan po kami nitong February lang. Ang akala ko po ay babalik kami sa dating kami na sweet sa isa't isa at masaya pero hindi po ganun ang nangyari. Away po kami ng away kasi hindi ko maiwasang magduda. Tapos po nalaman ko na may communication pa sila ng kaibigan ko at naglalandian po pala sila sa wall ni girl. Hindi ko po nababasa kasi nakablock po ako. Ngayon po nakikipaghiwalay po sya sa akin at ang sabi po nya kasalanan ko daw lahat kasi masyado daw po akong maduda at nakakasakal. Hindi ko po kayang mawala sya uli sa akin ate.

Clau

================

Oh, how thick-skinned of your boyfriend to say that it's your fault when he's the very reason for your distrust. Being cheated on is bad enough but being cheated by someone you love with someone you trust is beyond painful. I hope that prick realizes this.

Once someone cheats on you it puts you in a bad place - a place of constant mistrust, a place of constant pain, a place of constant suspicion. And that is why I always advise those who's been cheated on not to get back together with the person who cheated on them. Because for me, it's pointless and a total waste of time. I have seen too many friends drown themselves in tears and Red Horse in the name of that freaking 'second chance.'

Someone's infidelity will continue to eat you up inside until you're left bleeding - it's going to rear its ugly head every time your partner commits a mistake, it will crop up during arguments, it will dampen your happiness by the sheer power of its memory, and it will leave both of you broken until you can no longer be fixed. If you want to get back with someone who cheated on you, you need tp have a vast sea of faith and an endless supply of trust. But, even if you have both, that's no reassurance that it will work.

Your situation is different though, he's breaking up with you. Again. He wants to be free from you. Again. He's flirting with your friend. Again. Why are you holding on? This person obviously doesn't see you in his future, set him free and walk way. He cheated on you with your friend and that makes him one of this world's biggest jerks. You should be glad that he's letting you leave.

I know it hurts, Clau, but remember that you survived the first heartbreak he gave you, I am sure you'll survive the next one. You thrived even when he wasn't around, how can you consider him the reason for your existence? Maghahanap ka na nga lang ng reason for living, 'yung two-timer na ungas pa, ipagtimpla kitang kape para mahulasan ka d'yan sa kahibangan mo. 'Tsaka 'yung kaibigan mo, ha, ang kapal. Jusko, lesson learned, Neng, maging choosy ka pagdating sa mga taong papapasukin mo sa buhay mo.

Cut ties. Block him. Forget him. Kaya mo nang wala s'ya. Kayanin mo nang wala s'ya. You deserve better. Don't make that turd make you feel otherwise. You might think he's the sun now but the time will come when you'll finally realize that he isn't, you are ...**

Call me when that happens and let's drink buko juice together to celebrate the occasion. Cheers!

**Cristina Yang, Grey's Anatomy.