CHAPTER IX

~ * ~

~ * ~

Today, it had been the third chase for (Y/N) and the second for the magicians. Thankfully, the group managed to escape from the ghosts and were in another part of the mine.

"This place is haunted with ghosts too!" Ace closed his eyes in irritation.

"We do not have time to deal with them one by one, let's go!" Deuce instructed.

"Don't think you can just order me around. If you had not done something so idiotic, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"You wanna talk about who started it? It's cause you wouldn't clean!"

"It started when the furball burned the statue of the Queen of Hearts!"

"Fungah--?! That's what you get for making a fool of me!" Grim joined in the argument.

"All of you! Do you understand our current situation? We're all expelled if we don't get back with a magic crystal by tomorrow morning!" The blue-haired male reminded.

"Then stop patronizing me, it's really pissing me off." The ginger-haired male only argued.

"You three, settle down." (Y/N) told the arguing trio.

". . . on't. . . ive. . wo. . ." A new, terrifying voice spoke, alarming the group.

"Wh-What's. . this voice?" The red-eyed student and the rest backed away, frightened of just what could possibly step out of the shadows.

"Sto. . . ne. . . sss. . . mine. . ."

"I think it's getting closer." The blue-eyed male said.

"Stone. . . IS MIIIIIIIIINNEEE!!!"

"I-It's heeeeere!!!" The group chorused as a gigantic beast emerged from the dark.

Indeed, the beast's appearance was terrifying with it towering over the group for starters. The fact that it was faceless and had an ink vial for a head added to that. Lastly, it wore a red robe while carrying a purple lantern and, a pickaxe both bigger than the group.

It was understandable for the group to be terrified in this situation but somehow, (Y/N) felt familiar of the situation despite facing it the first time.

It felt dreadfully familiar.

It felt the same when she was dragged into the mirror.