and we all dance alone

"This is your new student, Way Valentine Carter'', the voice sounded bored, almost half asleep and disinterested. The teacher to whom this voice belonged looked like the impersonation of boredom. Boring face, boring clothes, boring charisma. Way decided to step into the classroom nonetheless. Not because the boring teacher pressured him to get in, not because the secretary behind him pushed him towards the door but because he had no other choice. He was out of options. It was either this school or no school at all. And that meant, he would have to go working, and he didn’t want to do that. He sighed deep, clutched the black leather school bag closer to his chest and stepped in. As soon as he turned towards the other students a soft rumoring went through the room. Students said his name, over and over again. "Isn’t he...?" "Do you think he's...?" "He looks like..." "Mister Carter, sit down", the boring teacher pushed him forwards and Way stumbled towards a desk. The girl behind it shied away from him and turned her head away. "Fucking fag", she whispered and a boy next to her grinned a cruel smile. A smile he knew already well enough. He wasn't welcome in this class either. 

With his head down he made his way towards the back of the room. Desperately he tried not to trip over his classmates legs who were trying to make him fall. "Here, have a seat", a soft voiced girl pointed towards the desk next to her. With a thankful glare Way dropped his bag and sat down on the chair. He was safe for now. "I'm Bella, nice to meet you, Way Valentine'', she held out her hand. Shyly he took the hand and shook it. “Way’s just fine”, he mumbled and pulled his hand back. "Why are you going to this school? It’s not the best in the district”, she mumbled while the teacher started his monotonous lecture about god knows what. “It’s the closest to the place I’m living at”, he answered just as quietly as her. He didn’t tell her that he was still in a recovery centre and for his good behaviour he was allowed to start his education as bachelor of fine arts again. A degree he had to get for the master of fine arts. The girl slid closer to him. “You look like the guy who jumped off the Monica building down the street, do you know?”, she suddenly asked. Way gasped and tried to get away from her. “So you are that guy!”, her voice got louder and some students turned their heads to them. Her pink fluffy bob bounced and enframed her heart shaped face and the green eyes nicely. Way stared at her, speechless. How’d she figure that out? “I jumped to die, not to get bullied by these guys. So shut the fuck up”, he glared at her and hoped it would scare her away. But she just smiled and put her hand on his arm. “No need to get angry, Way. I won’t tell”, she winked at him and turned towards the whiteboard, where the teacher wrote something down. “Fucking bitch”, Way mumbled and tried to keep up with the class.