Chapter 13 The King's Suite

Your POV

I finally got there and all the newsies looked nice and everything was so proper. It was weird. Bucky led me to the king's suite where Spot was laying in his bed. "Oh my god Spot! Look at you! I heard you were bad but I didn't think it would be this bad." I said as I ran towards him. "Looks like I'm the one who got beat up huh?" he replied "I uh I got this for you. I figured it could help you walk and I think I remember you saying something about liking purple right?" I handed him the cane and he looked at it in awe. "Y/n wow. It's beautiful. Where did ya get it? He asked. I didn't respond. "Y/n look. I know it was wrong of me to tell race you kissed me but I saw how he treated you and he tried ta hit you! I knew it would happen at some point. I was only trying to protect you an-" I kissed him. I kissed Spot Conlon. Oh my god I kissed Spot! Why did I do that? I don't know I mean he looked so cute laying there all broken and he felt so bad and I felt so bad and I think we both needed that. Besides, is dating Spot Conlon really all that bad? We both turned red but I don't think either of us were ready to deal with that so we just layed there. I noticed they don't have a newsie in Brooklyn who knows how to clean a cut so Spot's were pretty infected. I asked him where the supplies were and I started properly cleaning all of his wounds. By the time I was done it was pretty late and I was getting tired so I told Spot I wanted to go to sleep. He started to call for one of the big guys to move him onto the floor to sleep but I insisted he got the bed. He told me that I deserved the bed and that I'm the guest after all so after about ten minutes of back and forth we just decided we'd both sleep in the bed. It was so warm and comforting. It was kind of like sleeping with Mush but Mush was terrified of you know...dying when I slept with him but Spot was much calmer and it was so relieving. His room had such a beautiful view. I could wake up there every morning and go to sleep there every night if I could. But I went to sleep excited for the day ahead. Spot said he had some things arranged for us to do in the morning.