Chapter 7 Broken Bonds

Your POV

It's been about two months since race was stabbed. Everything has went back to normal and today is his first day back selling papes. I'se is super noivous so I insisted on selling wit him for da day. Since then Jack has apologized about a bajillion times but I never accept. He tried to kill Race. My best friend, HIS best friend, my everything, the love of my life. My own brodda wasn't thinkin once again and almost killed someone. I don't know what got into him. I understand he was tryin to look out for me but that's not how you do it. He apologized to race about a million times too but the thing is, Race accepted. He keeps tellin me "Come on y/n he's your brotha you gotta forgive him sometime" I refuse every time. Me and Jack neva really had a close relationship and den we'se were getting closer when I became a newsie. Our bond was unbreakable now it's unfixable. This bond is broken.

Race's POV

So today's my foist day back on the job since everything happened. Jack and I are good now. He said sorry a whole bunch and eventually I'se was sick of hearin it so I just accepted. Y/n on the other hand is a tough nut to crack when it comes to accepting apologies. Jack apologizes at least every time he sees her but she just ignores him. She's also been going on these walks every night. I don't know where she's been goin but I trust her. I think she's okay. Me and y/n have never been so close wit each other. I thinks we'se was too worried about hidin our feelings and ruining things that we lost sight of what we had. Me and y/n make our way down the streets of Manhattan with our paper's today. There was a really good headline and we'se had a great sellin' spot so there was no doubt we'd be done sellin' by 1. So time passes and we'se were finished sellin at 12. We'se decided to go back to da lodgin' house and y/n was acting pretty weird.

A/N  so so sorry for how short this chapter was but things get better next chapter ;)