Chapter 11 "it's over"

A/N Sorry if the title scared you I promise the story isn't over. but something else is! Enjoy! ;)

Race's POV

Y/n was acting really weird ever since she went missing that one night. She went on her usual walk but she didn't come back and she hasn't been the same. She came back and we started sellin' again but someone called out to her and it seemed like she didn't want me knowing who it was. She shooed me away and went over to this person. I still didn't know who it was. I didn't know who it was until I looked over and saw her talking to Spot Conlon. I thought nothin' of it until I turned back to look at her again and she was gone. I ran back to the lodging house to see if she would be there and I found her crying with Mush. I don't know why she's always with him. I walked in and she told me she was fine and that nothing happened but I was positive that was a lie. I know y/n better than anyone else here so I don't know what she was thinking lying ta me. I can read her like a book except I can't read. Anyway I was gonna find out what Spot did ta her one way or another. So I went ta Brooklyn. I told everyone I was going ta the races but I set off for the bridge. When I got there I went straight to Spot. I looked him in his face and I said "What did ya to ta her? Huh?" and he just looked at me like he was thinking. Then he smirked and said "Oh y/n? Yeah we'se was just talkin' and she uh leaned in and tried ta kiss me!" I could feel the anger burning inside me. I grabbed Spot and I threw him to the ground and started soakin' him real good. Once he was all bloody I turned and ran straight back to 'Hattan. 

Mush's POV

A few weeks ago I had asked y/n if she could teach me how ta read and she said yes. So we'se was practicing reading when all of a sudden Race bursts through the door. And he was mad. Y/n got up from where we'se was sitting and went over ta Race. "What's wrong?" she asked. She hated seein' Race upset. Then he grabbed her shoulders and pinned her up against the wall. "You kissed spot you dirty cheater!" he screamed. "What? No! Race I would never!" she said back. She looked terrified. He went on shouting for another five minutes or so. Then he raised his arm and went to slap her across her face but that's when I had enough. I liked her too much to see her get hurt.

Your POV

I closed my eyes bracing for the slap I was about to get from Race then before I know it I got pushed out of the way and Race and Mush started fighting. I was so shocked. Why was Mush fighting Race? Mush hates fights. What was he doing? Anyway I got out of there as fast as I could. I ran downstairs and just sat in the lobby of the lodging house for awhile crying. Then JAck came downstairs. He gave me a hug. This time I didn't push him away, I let him hug me. I think I'm finally over the stabbing thing. Well I'm not "over it" I've just moved past it. we just sat there hugging and finally race came downstairs. I looked at him and before he could even open his mouth I said in the most calm voice I could "Race, it's over." Then I went upstairs avoiding all the other questions from the other newsies and I went straight to Mush. I told him I ended things with Race and I started cleaning up his bloody face. It brought back memories from the stabbing but the last thing I wanted to think about was Race Higgins. After I got Mush all cleaned up I went to my bed to go to sleep but Mush had asked me to sleep with him tonight because he was scared Race would come back. I agreed and we went to sleep.

A/N

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a month. I've been busy and I was in a show so that took up most of my time. I hope you guys like this chapter and let me know if you like it or have any ideas!