~conversations~

C/n beams and waves to you from the doorway. You smile and a blush creeps across your face as you avert your stare in another direction. Your friends all greet him as he enters, but his focus is on you. F/n shuts the door after him, and he slides out of his jacket, thinking of the things he could say to you. He's desperate to get you talking because he doesn't know you nearly as well as he'd like to. You fidget with your fingers in your lap, paying attention to anything in the room, other than C/n.

You know you'll crumble the minute your eyes lock with his e/c and enticing ones. Your friends all busy themselves in various parts of F/n's apartment, but the first place C/n settles is in the empty seat right next to you. There's an awkward silence between you two for an uncomfortably long amount of time until C/n clears his throat and smiles at you.

You glance up quickly and flash him a tiny smile before looking away again. C/n reaches over and nudges your knee, sending electricity all through you, before he says, "Y/n, it's a pleasure to see you again. Tell me, how have you been?"

"I've been alright," you say quietly avoiding eye contact, "what about you?" you say back trying to keep the conversation less awkward than it already was.

"It's been okay, better now," he said back, a little quieter than before. You could tell he was being a little cocky because of his tone.

"And why is that?" you ask, already knowing he might give a snarky reply back.

"Because this is the first conversation I've had with a beautiful young lady in a while" you were in shock in what came out of his mouth, but you weren't surprised.

"Really, C/n I've seen you flirt and that's all you got?", you say back trying to tease him, you weren't sure if you really should be doing this because of your shyness but you needed to get out of the little comfort bubble C/n had already invaded.

"C'mon Y/n, you are so shy all the time. I don't know how to flirt when I'm around you. I don't wanna piss you off too, because y'know...," he said drifting off. He got quiet and stared at you for about a minute.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" You finally get the courage to look up at him, he looked at you a little taken back at your cockyness he didn't know you could achieve. You quickly winked at him and went to go hang out with some of your friends playing Foosball, leaving C/n, knowing he was looking at your ass as you walked away. "Stop staring at my ass C/n". 

(458 Words)