~don't know~

I don't know what made me do it.

Maybe it was the way he laughed at the joke I made and brushed his hand against mine. Maybe it was how the shirt he was wearing was a little too tight and really complimented his eyes. Maybe it was the way the others looked at us with confusion.

I don't know what made me reach up and touch his black hoodie as he talked to my best friend. I don't know what made me slowly drag it across his skin, off his shoulder, causing him to look at me, amused.

"What are you doing, Y/N?" He had asked, tilting his head to the side.

I don't know what made me shake my head and reach over to pull his sweater off his other shoulder. I don't know what made me hold his black sweater to my chest as the bell rang and my best friend laughed at my shyness.

"I'm cold." I had responded, making up a somewhat true excuse.

I don't know why, but I slowly put his sweater on and breathed in his scent as he laughed and held my hand. I don't know why I had decided to squeeze his hand as everyone around us left to go home. I don't know why he pulled me closer to him, my head on his chest, so close I could hear his heartbeat. I don't know why he tilted my chin up and kissed me.

All I know is that I had finally kissed my crush, and that's all I care about.

(255 Words)