NLMG - Part 1

Hi Guys, this is another short story i have written on Arshi. Initially it was suppose to be a three shot, which then turned into a five shot. :)

Do leave your comments, to let me know your thoughts :)

A/N: Characters' thoughts in ITALICS 

Arnav was sitting on bench, elbows on knees and hands under chin, tapping his foot worriedly on the floor ... waiting for the doctor to come out ... waiting to see her.

Finally his wait was over after few minutes, doctor came out of the room. Arnav immediately stood up, "How is she doctor?".

"She is fine Mr. Raizada. There is a good news that we didn't have to cut her hand, which I was afraid that we have to because of the condition of her wrist", said the doctor. Arnav sighed with relief.

"But the bad news is that we couldn't save her pregnancy. Her blood pressure was too high and we had to operate her", doctor finished in sad tone.

Now that was a shock for Arnav, "She was pregnant?".

"Yes, almost 2 months pregnant", said the doctor and look confuse at the shocked face of Arnav, "You didn't knew?".

"No, we didn't knew about that", said Arnav in worried tone. "Can I see her?"

"Just give us few minutes, we are shifting her in ward", said the doctor and went away.

Arnav run his hand in his hair, frustrated and angry. She was pregnant? Why didn't she say something about it? Wasn't it a good news to be shared? Was their friendship was so weak that she couldn't even share her happiness with him now? Do others know? He has to ask her Mom.

And Karan ... did he knew? If yes then how could he let that all happen? How could he leave her like that? What has happened really?, thought Arnav angrily. He will have a talk with Karan soon. But first he has to make sure that she is fine.

After few minutes Arnav enters the room, he moves towards the bed where she was laying lifeless. He took the stool beside the bed and look over her pale features with sadness and worry.

How beautiful she was, funny, talkative and now there is no sign of them. It was almost a month that he had last seen her and now today, when he went to her in-laws house, he was shocked to see her condition.

She was in love right? Weren't people supposed to be happy and content when they are in love and live their life with their love? Then what happen to her. She was facing too much and he didn't knew, she didn't say. Why? ... Why she didn't complain. If she had ... said something, anything then she wouldn't be laying here, thought Arnav sadly.

Weren't they were friends? ... best friends to be precise. What if they went on different roads, leading their own lives. They had their own special bond. Didn't they?. He has to find all the answers, thought Arnav as he takes her hand in his and call her name, "Lavanya...".

He looks at her other hand, which was bandage from thumb to little below the elbow. He has to find out how she burnt her wrist and how the burn got so bad that the doctors had to think to cut off her hand.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear the door open and a person came in. His thought process broke when he felt someone's touch on his shoulder. And he knew who that person is ...

His wife.

Arnav turn around and saw his wife standing behind him with teary eyes. Arnav stood up and hug her. "Khushi" said Arnav in choked voice. And felt her one arm going around his waist, hugging him back.