Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Is something wrong?”

Dylan’s words brought me out of my thoughts. He seemed surprised that I had woken up with him in the morning.

“I’m fine,” I distractedly replied.

I couldn’t stop thinking about Liam. I needed to find a way to hide his absence from Dylan and the pack. During the time Liam had formed part of the pack, he had been all over the place.

Everyone saw him around all the time. I wasn’t sure how I could hide the fact that he was gone, if people would start missing him. I just knew someone was bound to ask where he was at.

“Leila!”

What?” I snapped.

When I noticed the surprised look in his face, I was slightly shocked as well that I had yelled at him.

“Sorry, what is it?” I asked, lowering my voice.

“You tell me, what’s wrong?” He asked.

I cocked an eyebrow at him. There was nothing for me to say, at least nothing I was willing to share.

“What makes you think something’s wrong?”

“For one, it’s six in the morning,” Dylan said.

“So?”

“I’ve never seen you wake up at six in the morning on your own. You look worried. Now tell me, what’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s wrong. I just can’t sleep,” I told him.

He hadn’t gotten in the shower yet, and my being awake so early was delaying it.

“I felt you tossing and turning last night,” Dylan said.

“I had a restless sleep.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pulled on him, so he ended up lying down over my body.

“Trying to distract me?” Dylan asked, but he began trailing kisses down my neck.

“Maybe,” I chuckled.

“It’s working,” he said, squeezing my waist, which made me squirm under him.

I gave his chest a light shove when I felt his hand sliding under my night gown. I could feel the small shocks from our bond making my skin sensitive wherever his hand touched me.

“Go get ready,” I told him, breathlessly.

Dylan didn’t stop kissing my neck, and his hand kept moving higher up my thigh.

Go,” I said, pushing him away with more force.

I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stop if I let him continue. As much as I wanted to be with him, I had bigger things to worry about.

Dylan chuckled at me, but he managed to get up.

“Tease,” he said, giving me an amused look, before brushing his lips against mine for a second.

“Alright, I’ll call Liam to come over early.”

“What?” I shrieked, without realizing my mistake until after I spoke out.

“Is there a problem?”

“No, I mean, why don’t you just call Eric?”

I wasn’t prepared to pull off an excuse for Liam just yet. I had been calling his cell phone, but he had yet to pick up.