Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Dylan,” I said, stepping in between him and the guy slumped in the floor.

Dylan’s dark eyes turned to me for a second, before shifting back to the stranger. Although the music was still going on loud, we had attracted the attention of people around us. I could see Jace and John and a few other members of the pack making their way towards us.

“You’re here,” I whispered against Dylan’s ear, pressing myself closer to his chest, trying to distract him.

Dylan wrapped an arm around me. I expected him to say something back, but he just picked me up from the ground and easily moved me out of his way.

“Dylan, stop,” I urged, tugging on his arm to get him to back off.

I kept trying to pull him back, but Dylan was stronger than me. He walked towards the stranger with inhuman speed, and punched the guy’s jaw with more force than he needed to use on a human.

I quickly ran towards Dylan. Jace and John circled around him and the other guy, who was just lying there, unconscious.

“Dylan, you need to calm down,” I said, crouching down on the ground, next to him.

Dylan closed his eyes, which were much too dark for my comfort. His canines were out, his claws had extracted, and he was breathing hard.

We all waited tensely to see what Dylan would do. He needed to calm down. He couldn’t go Wolf in the middle of a place full with humans.

“Leila,” Dylan growled breathlessly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as best as I could. Jace, John, and Eric stood up from the ground, but their eyes were concentrated on us.

“We should get out of here,” John spoke up.

They created a wall around us, hiding us from the eyes of the humans. I was going to tell Jace to help me convince Dylan to leave, but Dylan spoke before I did.

“I’m fine,” Dylan finally said, getting up from the ground and picking me up from him.

If the situation hadn’t been so nerve wrecking, I would’ve laughed when Dylan kicked the human guy that was still on the ground out cold. John, Jace, and Eric waited until Dylan started walking away before scattering.

Dylan’s grip on my waist was really tight. I could feel his claws sinking into me, ripping through my dress. I was glad that at least his canines were hidden.

When we reached the second floor, we had the eyes of every pack member on us. Jace had followed closely behind. When he noticed Dylan sat on one of the couches around a small table, he finally relaxed.

“The Alpha’s here!” Jace yelled.

After Jace did that, everyone began relaxing. Although I was surprised when they cheered, I felt Dylan’s tense body calming down by my side.

“I can feel him,” Dylan growled against my ear.

I didn’t complain when he wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me over his lap, pressing me impossibly close to his chest.

“The human?” I asked, frowning.

From where we were, we could see some of the dance floor, but not the area where the human had been left.

“No, I can feel my Wolf. He wants out,” Dylan replied, squeezing my waist roughly.

I nestled my head in his neck, nuzzling my nose against his skin.