Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Lei-la,” I heard someone sing song my name.

I opened my eyes to find Eric hovering over me, a huge grin plastered on his face. I smiled up at him, and yawned, trying to come out of my sleepy daze.

“What’s up?” I asked.

My voice was croaky from sleep and that made Eric smile.

“I’m hungry,” Eric whined, as he stood up straight.

“What time is it?” I finally sat up in the bed and noticed the light coming in from the balcony doors.

“It’s almost one in the afternoon.”

“What?” I shrieked, and got up from the bed.

Dylan and I had gone to bed really late the previous night. I assumed he wasn’t going to leave because he would be too tired. I had to admit that Dylan had been sweet, taking off the rest of the afternoon to spend it with me.

We had been at the lake most of the time and we got to talk about a lot of things. I did most of the talking, but I noticed that I had Dylan’s full attention.

Whenever I quieted down, Dylan would ask me something and made sure I continued talking about anything, even if it was something trivial.

When we arrived back home, he told me he was lifting the ‘stay locked up in our room’ punishment. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head. There was no way I was going to let him lock me either way. I just let him think that he had the option of doing so.

“You looked tired and the Alpha told me not to wake you,” Eric shrugged.

“You should’ve called me up sooner. What have you been doing?”

I was worried that I had left Eric alone all morning. He did have a key to the mansion, which was always kept locked. I was glad that Dylan usually let Eric in before he left.

Even though I usually woke up late, it was rare when I woke up past midday. Lately, I hadn’t been sleeping too much and I had been waking up at the same time as Dylan.

“I got here around seven in the morning and I doze off as soon as the Alpha left. I actually just woke up,” Eric sheepishly admitted, grinning down at me.

I sighed in relief with his words, before my eyes took in his appearance.

“You looked tired,” I commented, and traced the purplish area under Eric’s eyes.

It worried me that he looked like that, since he said he’d been sleeping practically since he arrived.

“I went to visit my parents last night,” Eric replied, uncomfortably.

I groaned and could already feel myself frowning at his words.

“What did she say now?” I asked in a demanding tone.

Eric took a seat on the bed, and shook his head at me.

“Your mom really irritates me. Doesn’t she know these things are beyond your control?” I asked, taking a seat beside him.

“Did you stay at their house? Is that why you didn’t sleep well?”

“Hell no!”

“Then?”

“I was pissed off and I went out,” Eric replied, but I noticed the frown pulling on his face.

I chuckled at him and got up from the bed, seeing that maybe I was just overreacting.