Chapter 5

Constance felt like she was in the shell of another person. Her wispy blond hair was now a muted brown. She was taller and was the size of a grown adult. The only thing recognizable about Constance was her bright blue eyes. It was terrifying but something that a great poem would soon be written about. Especially Reynie's disguise: His hair was now much longer and was a very shiny black color. He was also taller and (to everyone's laughs) a thin mustache was now under his nose. His eyes were a dark, midnight blue. He looked a bit annoyed.

Kate's eye color also stayed the same, but her hair became dark and curly and she was oddly a bit shorter than usual. "Look who's the shortest now." Constance smirked, looking down at Kate.

"Connie girl, that can't be you?!" Kate looked up, "Wow, you've had quite a growth spurt!"

"I've never had clearer vision!" Sticky exclaimed, his glasses tucked safely in his pocket, "I'm not even wearing contacts!" He remained bald, but his clothing was fancier, his glasses gone, replaced by baby-blue eyes. His face was also more angular than before, making him look much older.

"We've only got an hour with these disguises," Mr. Forkle announced, "and we will be traveling to the Lost Cities with these pathfinders. Elves, pair up with humans. Sophie, you might have a few extra people."

Constance found herself holding on to Sophie. "So, your Sophia right?" Constance tried to give her a crooked smirk, but it didn't really work with the disguise. Constance was still upset that she couldn't break into Sophie's nor Forkle's minds. With Fitz, she was able to get in for a second, but he quickly sensed her presence and kicked her out, which also irritated her.

"Sophie," She corrected, seemingly a bit annoyed, then added, "And you're Conscious?"

"I am, are you? I'm very much awake." Constance huffed, searching her pockets for candy, then realizing there wasn't any in her disguise.

"Been hanging out with Keefe too much," Sophie murmured. "Anyway, lets go." Constance, Reynie, and Milligan were holding onto her as Sophie whisked out her pathfinder and held it to the light.

                                                                                  Sophie

The group arrived in Atlantis. Constance was immediately drawn to the sweet shop, Reynie looked very fascinated by it all, Kate was already trying to explore, and Sticky... well Sticky looked like he did not enjoy getting there.

"This is Atlantis," Sophie gestured, remembering the first time she had experienced it. The colorful city was gorgeous, especially with the underwater view.

"This place... it's amazing!" Mr. Benedict grinned, "Forkle, how have you never taken me here before?!"

"I wish I could've," Mr. Forkle agreed, "and I'd still like to take you here on different conditions where you didn't have to hide yourself."

"This'll do for now." Mr. Benedict smiled.

"So, take a look around and get to know the place." Mr. Forkle smiled, "Just be back here in two hours, and stay in groups." Sophie frowned, what was the reason for coming here?

"Um, why exactly are we here?" Sophie whispered, pulling Mr. Forkle aside, "I mean, the real reason?"
"This is the real reason," Mr. Forkle replied, "I've always wanted to see the day when humans and elves could be friends and openly interact with one another, and this, for me at least, is a pretty good first step." He smiled at her and Sophie found herself smiling back. But deep down she was also saddened. Amy had come to Atlantis too and Sophie had enjoyed the time she got to spend with her younger sister. But, alas Amy had to leave and Sophie didn't know when she'd see her again. Sophie wistfully thought she'd rather have Amy come back to Atlantis, but then remembered Amy's awe and amazement.

No matter what, I'm going to make sure Constance has the best time ever in Atlantis.