Chapter 3

The entire household was eating dinner in the dining room, silently chewing their food. Mr. Benedict had just filled everyone in about the Lost Cities and the elves. About a group called the Black Swan. Another group called the Neverseen. The leaders of the elvin world, called the Council. They learned about something called "Project Moonlark", a plan to help heal the world. But he didn't tell everyone about how Constance could speak the Enlightened Language. 

Everyone had a different thought process in their minds. "When will we meet them?" was Kate's question. Sticky was wondering about the physics of relying on light energy. Reynie was wondering what about the Lost Cities and its appearance. 

But Constance was wondering about... herself. She may be younger and grumpier than the others, but she was thinking way ahead of them. Why did she have powers no one else (that she knew of) had? Her heart hammered as she thought of the possibilites of what layed in the Elvin world. Maybe they had answers for her.  

"Well, I suppose that's up to Constance," Mr. Bendict turned to the slouching young girl across the table. "If she's comfortable going soon, we can plan a meeting with Mr. Forkle. He is very much welcomed here. We've known each other for quite a while."

"Why wouldn't we just go to them?" Sticky asked, "An elvin world? Crystal cities? Transportation by light? I've never heard nor experianced anything like the things you're describing and, even if I doubt the possibilites of these realities, I would like proof. And there's no better proof than having Mr. Forkle take us there himself." 

"Sticky's right," Reynie agreed, "besides, I'm sure they have much more exciting things going on in their world than us here, right?"

"Absolutely!" Kate eagerly agreed, "So, we leave first thing in the morning?" 

"It's still up to Constance if-" Mr. Benedict tried, but Constance was already talking over him.

"Of course I want to go!" Constance said with as much enthusiasm as she could muster. 

"Well, then I suppose we can go tomorrow." Mr. Benedict smiled, but Constance could tell he wasn't too happy about it. 

"Now, us parents would be going to, right?" Mrs. Washington asked, eyeing her son. Sticky glanced down, hoping no one would notice his embarassed face. Of course it was his parents who asked. His parents who were still a bit over-protected. 

"Actually, they want to keep the group as small as possible. So I was thinking that Reynie, Kate, Sticky, Constance, and I would go. Along with Milligan for extra protection." Mr. Benedict conceded. 

"Well, I suppose if Milligan's there..." Mrs. Washington sighed.

"We'll be fine, Mom." Sticky said, trying to reassure her. Everyone nodded, knowing they could trust Mr. Benedict and Milligan to keep them safe.

"Well?" Kate raised an eyebrow, "When are we leaving?"

"First thing tomorrow morning." Constance said, abruptly leaving the table and storming off to her room. The adults looked around, confused. They had thought Constance had wanted to go, but now had their doubts. 

"Well, you heard her," Milligan said, looking to Mr. Benedict.

"First thing tomorrow morning." Mr. Bendict agreed.