Starving

Kat stood in the shower allowing the hot water to cascade over her as she replayed her afternoon at the pool. The corners of her mouth twitched as she visualised the movements of the wavy-haired stranger's mouth, the way his tongue would glide across his lips after he ate something, and how he pulled at his bottom lip with his teeth whilst he regarded what he was about to say. Realising she had been stood there for far too long with a ridiculous smile plastered across her face, she turned off the water and grabbed the large fluffy towel from the brass rail next to her. She carefully stepped out of the cubicle as to not slip on the tiled floor and wrapped the towel around herself as she moved over to the sink to grab a smaller one for her hair.
She gazed at her reflection in the mirror whilst she gently patted her hair dry with the hand towel and examined the new freckles that had appeared across her shoulders from the days sun. There was a pinkish glow to her cheekbones and across the bridge of her nose giving her a healthy glow, but her eyes still remained dark from the lack of sleep and alcohol. Gently massaging around her eyes with one hand, she reached across for her makeup bag with the other and rummaged through it in search of some concealer to lighten them. She swept a liberal amount of bronzer across the rest of her face and added a touch of rose pink blusher to even out her sun-kissed cheeks. Moving her attention back to her dark eyes she began to apply a smokey base of eyeshadow, before dressing it up with a thin winged eyeliner and a couple of coats of mascara. After highlighting the arch in her eyebrow she admired her handiwork and thought about all the years she had wished she had blue or green eyes, anything other than boring brown, maybe it was age, maybe it was the little excited flutters that kept bubbling around in her stomach, but for the first time she liked her boring brown eyes and how they looked full of seduction and mystery. Giggling to herself for letting her head get carried away she began to tidy her hair by applying a small amount of moose and quickly drying off the excess moisture with a dryer, taking her time to manipulate any stray waves with her finger. Happy with her attempts to look a little less haggard she headed around the partition and across to the bedside table to check the time on her phone, having just turned 6:45 pm, there was still enough time to finally decide on what she was going to wear, and to maybe have a glass of wine or two to calm her nerves.

Damian's shy smile appeared in her head again as she turned to look through the balcony at the golden kissed hills. Heading out into the warm evening air her appreciation for the idyllic view was cut short as she found herself standing, giddily staring over at his Villa, wondering which room was his. The daydream was short-lived as the door knocked and she padded over to open it, finding Debbie standing there with a bottle of wine, two glasses and a goofy grin spread across her face.

"Come on in." Kat beckoned, stepping aside so Debbie could enter.

"Just thought I'd get the real deal about today before we head over for our dinner date." Debbie had a mischievous glint in her eye as she walked out to the balcony and placed the wine and glasses on the side table. "You're makeup looks really good."

Kat laughed. "Thank you. It's not too much is it?"

Debbie shook her head as she opened the bottle. "No, not at all. That style of eyeliner really suits the shape of your eyes."

Kat quickly looked back in the big mirror checking that the wingtips were even. "Thank you."

"So..." Debbie filled the two glasses.

"There really isn't anything to tell that you didn't see... you know... when you were all staring at us the whole time." Kat rolled her eyes in jest before disappearing back behind the partition and slipping on some clean underwear, whilst Debbie sipped her wine and looked out at the view. "You look nice," Kat called from behind the stone wall.

"Don't you dare try and change the subject?" Debbie hollered back into the room. "Thank you though. It's new, I wasn't sure if it was me, you know I'm not really a dress type of person, but it's so comfy." Debbie swished the hem of her black cotton dress as she took another sip.