Play that song

"Can I get you a drink?" Damian softly asked, gesturing for Kat to enter the villa before him.

"Tea." They both giggled in sync as he guided her through to the kitchen.

Kat rested up the counter as Damian set about filling the kettle and put out two cups next to her.

"Are you hungry? Do you want food?" He quickly filled the silence as he opened and closed several cupboards.

Kat chuckled to herself as she remembered Harry's comment about him being a shit cook.

"What?" He stopped mid-task and cocked his head to one side as he examined her curious smirk.

"It's nothing." Kat shook her head gently as the corners of her mouth turned up slightly more. "You seem a bit nervous, are you ok?"

"Yup" He nodded repeatedly before going back to making the tea.

Kat hopped up onto the countertop continuing to watch him intently as he clanged the cups loudly with the spoon whilst he stirred them.

"Are you sure you don't want anything, I'm going to have a sandwich?" He strode across to the fridge abandoning the cups in favour of a snack.

"No I'm fine, thank you." Kat played with the sleeves on her hoodie as she watched him staring pensively into the fridge, his lips perfectly pouting as he mulled over his choices for fillings.

"You sure I can't tempt you?" He asked again as he emerged from the fridge with cheese, lettuce and a couple of tomatoes strategically balancing in the bend of his arm.

"No thanks, honestly, I'm good." She chuckled at his persistence whilst continuing to study his movements as he created each section of his sandwich with care and precision. A few strands of his wavy hair hung over his forehead, clearly irritating him as he repeatedly brushed them away with the back of his hand.

He finished off his sandwich with a copious amount of mayonnaise then put the items away before passing Kat her cup and finally taking a bite of his laboured snack.

"You sure?" He asked again through a full mouth, catching a drip of Mayo with his tongue. "It's a good one."

Kat mischievously smiled. "Oh go in then." She leant forward and grabbed the other half off the sandwich, instantly taking a huge bite before resuming her original position. "Mmmm that is a good sandwich." She mumbled between chews. "Harry was wrong about your skills." She took another large bite and as Damian stood watching her devour the sandwich she honestly didn't want.

"What do you mean, Harry was wrong?" He cocked an eyebrow before taking another bite of what he had left.

"He just said you were a great guy, but you couldn't cook for shit. This is a great sandwich though." She shrugged nonchalantly, not noticing the perplexing look sweeping across his face.

"Oh he did, did he." He paused and took a lengthy sip of his tea. "I'm a great cook actually," he finally bit to Kats comment. "Harry just doesn't like the food I make. He's very particular about what he likes and how things should be."

Kat nodded as she recalled her chat with Harry. "Yeah, I kinda got that impression when we spoke before."

Damian's eyes softened as he looked across at her picking out the tomatoes from what was left of the sandwich, completely oblivious to his irritation of the Harry comment. "If I'm honest, I was kinda shocked when I turned the corner the other day and spotted him nattering away to you. He doesn't do that very often with people. He must like you." He pushed the plate closer to Kat so she could put the unwanted tomato on it.