Hey soul sister

The group idled away the next few hours, chatting, napping, and occasionally dipping in and out of the pool when the boys were not playing their extreme water sports.

Joyce, Jayne, Gill and Nita had quietly snook off to the villa, whilst Rachel and Natalia were sleeping on the day bed. Kat and Debbie sat on the edge of the pool engrossed in a game of would you rather, whilst they dangled their feet in the cool water.

"Ok. This is a good one." Debbie giggled away to herself. "Would you rather, use somebody else's toothbrush or wear somebody else's dirty underwear?" She leaned back slightly and nodded proudly of her conundrum.

Kat mimicked pretending to vomit. "And we're done." She finally announced, still pretending to heave.

"Oh come on, I have way worse ones than that." Debbie cackled.

"I know, which is why I'm stopping the game now before I have to hear them." Kat shook her head but smiled playfully.

"He still keeps checking you out you know," Debbie whispered as she made gentle ripples cascade across the water with her foot.

Kat stared into the pool, resisting the urge to look over in his direction to check.

"Actually..." Debbie paused. "Scrap that, I think it's me he's looking at, not you." She giggled to herself as Kat took the bait and looked straight over in his direction, only to catch him staring at her.
He smiled shyly before looking away and refocusing his attention on the conversation between his friends. Kat shifted on the edge of the pool as she felt an unusual warmth build in the pit of her stomach.

"Don't think I didn't see that," Debbie smirked and kicked the water again sending larger ripples across the pool.

Kat felt her face warm as she stared down into the water. "Behave." She playfully flicked water towards Debbie.

"What?" Debbie protested, shrugging her shoulders for added effect. "Look, I know it's not the time to get deep but... you're officially divorced now, so what better way to celebrate getting over someone old by getting under someone new." A devious smile spread across Debbie's face as she repeatedly raised her eyebrows for comical value.

"Oh, God." Kat spluttered in shock.

Debbie cocked an eyebrow as she looked at Kat. "So..."

"So what?" Kat let out a long heavy sigh.

"Could you?" Debbie pushed.

"Could I What?" Kat swished the water with her foot again.

"Oh come on Kat, don't skirt around it. He's cute, maybe a nice little holiday fling could do you good... you know... it's been a while." Debbie's eyebrows began to dance again.

"No Debbie." Kat sighed in exasperation. "I just don't think my head is there yet." She paused momentarily and lowered her voice even more. "Besides, it's been that long since I did... that... stuff," Kat nodded towards Debbie in a subtle gesture to ensure she knew what she meant. "things might not even work anymore."

Caught off guard by Kats claim, Debbie threw her head back in hysterical laughter which instantly made Kat join her.

"Just remember, I'm next door and can hear EV-ERY-THIIING!" Debbie snorted through the giggles.

Kat gasped blushing at the thought of it. "Anyway..." Kat paused to try and regain some composure. "I'm absolutely not going to just... lose my head, or my knickers for that matter, and entertain such... frivolities with the first cute guy that looks at me and smiles." Kat rolled her eyes to affirm her position on the matter.

"Oh come o..."

"No Debbie, not happening." Kat interrupted just as the clanging of the gate redirected their attention and Joyce, Jayne, Gill and Nita came into view with arms full of food and drinks.