2. Favor

Jeongyeon's

"Halmeoni, do we really need to do this? You know I could do everything on my own." I whispered to her before looking at the aged man waiting for us.

She told me a while ago that someone will come at my house to be my 'maid'. I am not comfortable having someone over my house but I cannot resist my grandmother who raised me since I was a kid.

"Good day, Mrs. Yoo, Ms. Yoo." He greeted us so I bowed back at him.

"I would be forever in debt to you if you accept to do this favor. I just really want her to learn by doing it." He said as we shake hands before sitting.

"Please don't go easy on her. As much as possible, I want her to know the struggles." He added.

Gosh tell me this is just a nightmare. I don't really want some stranger to go into my things.

"I cannot promise you everything but I'll try." I just said trying not to disappoint my grandma.

They both rejoiced so I smiled awkwardly but deep inside I wanted to just dash away.

"It's only for a month right?" I asked. The clearer, the better.

"Yes dear. I am really thankful to you." He said holding my hands.

Maybe I could just ignore her and let her do her thing. Time flies fast right?

———-
(Short chapter ✌️)