part 1- moving to New york

Heyo x hope u enjoy this chapter and I just want to dedicate it to any girl that has to deal with period pains x :) and any boy that has to deal with us girls when we r like this I.e moody and in pain x :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do do du do do du do do...while listening to uptown funk by bruno mars, I flick through an extremely girly magazine, like those ones that have hilarious incidents in them, well that's the only bit I read but still they are hilarious, I read about this one girl who started her period at school and didn't realise and let's just say there was a stain on the chair, but period pain is NO laughing matter, you DO NOT want to mess with a girl on her period. My brother that mistake years ago...he never got over me texting his mate a baby pic of him wearing a wig and dress. What he doesn't know that's its actually me but shh don't tell him.

"Gemma we are here," James whispers softly, I sigh loudly and hear my brother mumble something about "an over reactive drama queen." I choose to ignore and instead walk swiftly towards what I thought was the direction of the apartment- instead my face met a lamp post. Well done me. I hear a snigger behind me and turn to see a lambourgini with four very dressed up girls, the sort you would have in the supposedly "popular" group at school.

"What a freak, she can't even walk straight!" The most dressed up girl driving says, she's obviously the head of the group. I have never been known to let people make fun of me, and I don't plan to start now, so I begin to storm over but suddenly a hand goes on my shoulder, I look behind me and see my brother. He shakes his head at me and glares at miss-im-so-slutty-i-think-im-gonna-die. I realise then that he is angry.

"Don't you fucking ever call my sister a freak again otherwise it will be the last time you have a face to put that slutty make up on!" I silently cheer in my head as I watch her face grow from smug to suprised, then delighted.

"Hey, are you her brother gorgeous?" She has the cheek to ask, I mean seriously does she really think he's that desperate?

"Yes I am and please take offence, I wouldn't go out with you even if you wore some clothes and decent make up." And with that finale he guides me past the bitches, past the god forsaken lampost and towards the apartment.

When I look at the apartment I see a palace, it is a five storey with big windows and when I look round I can see a massive garden.

"Well aren't you going in?" James says, I glare at him. "Aw come on I didn't mean to drop a custard, flour, water bomb on you earlier, I was just trying to show you my great creation."

"Sorry I can't understand you, I don't speak bullshit!" I swiftly reply.

As I walked through the doorway, I was greeted by my aunt and uncle, joined by their 17 year old son, Mason. Luckily me, James and Mason are all close as Mason visited us as much as possible, in fact he is almost as protective as James! He quickly walks over and gives a warm hug; "How is my lovely little cuz Gem?" That's the nickname he gave me when we were little, but he insists that no one else can call me it. "Great, apart from the fact my parents dont want me around." Most people would think I'm being ungrateful and rude but Mason understand and puts his hand on my shoulder, "Hey atleast you get to live with me now!"

After my aunt and uncle have greeted me, Mason leads me to my room, I expected it to be a tiny, spare room but am astounded when I see its triple the size of my old one, it has a double four post bed, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a table and chair, and shelves, and that's without all my stuff. I notice a door and when I open it, I see a bathroom, complete with a shower, bath and obviously toilet and sink.

There's one thing that catches my attention however, and its over at the window. There is a window seat with a platform behind it, and then a set of doors,these lead to my balcony. When I step out, I am slightly dissapointed to see that there is a house as my view, another room to be precise, but for the moment i choose not to be nosy.

"So shall we get James back for his little prank earlier?" Mason asked later that day, his eyes glinting with mischief, I nod barely able to contain my excitement. An hour later and we are ready. "JAMES, COME HERE A MINUTE!" I shout, then hide behind the door of his "room" he walks in and luckily doesn't notice a camera secretly filming him, "BOO!" I shout and he flies a meter away from me; "goddammit Gem don't scare me like that!" Uh oh he said it he said Gem, Masons not going to be happy...

"SPLAT!"

10 eggs have been shot at James by mason and they all hit him square on the back. Then he is hit in the face with silly string (all points going to me for that one) and for the finishing touch we add cocoa powder, flour and jam to the mix.

"And that's for saying Gem!" speaks the one and only Mason.