Chapter 20; I Want Her Dead

Jess's POV (dw it will be someone else's pov soon lmao)

The bell rang for the end of the day, and Eliza and I practically sprinted out of the school. However as I was about to walk out the door, I heard someone shout. "Jess wait up!" I stopped and looked behind me. Kayla. "What do you want Kayla?" She stopped in front of me and smiled. "I just wanted to say goodbye! I hope we can be friends." She said. She obviously didn't mean it; her tone was obnoxious and annoying. "Just leave me alone Kayla. You've me enough shit and I don't wanna deal with it anymore." She raised her eyebrows. "You mean when I was mean to you one or two times? Oh Jess, that's just what friends do! I didn't cause you that much harm!" I looked her in the eyes and took a deep breathe. "Not that much harm? Are you fucking kidding me? You have no idea what you did to me. Just don't talk to me okay." I went to walk away but she grabbed my wrist. I winced because the scars there weren't fully healed. "You speak to me like that one more time and I'll let the whole school know about this" She rolled up my sleeve and stared at my wrist. I pulled my arm away and gasped. "Attention seeking bitch." She said as she walked off.

I stood there in shock until I felt Eliza's hand on my shoulder. "Jess..." She said. I snapped back to reality and looked at her. "I'm fine. Let's go, are you coming over?" I started to walk and Eliza followed. "Yes. But Jess you're not fine, you're crying." I hadn't realised I was but Eliza was right. I had tears streaming down my face. "Honestly I'm fine. Pippa's picking us up today, come on." I walked over to where Pippa normally meets me and she was sitting there in her car. I got in the back left and Eliza got in the right. "Hi girls! How was- Jess oh my god you're crying is everything okay. "I'm fi-" Eliza interrupted me. "She's not fine." Eliza explained the whole situation to Pippa and I sat staring out of the window the entire time. I tried to block everything out to stop myself from having a panic attack. "Oh Jess. That stupid bitch. Are you alright?" I nodded my head. "I'm fine can we just go home how?" I mumbled. Pippa sighed and began to drive. Eliza moved closer to me and put her arm around me, and I rested my head on her shoulder.

We got home and as soon as we walked in the door I began to cry again. I fell backwards and Pippa caught me, lowering herself down onto the floor and resting my head against her chest. Eliza closed the door and sat next to us, holding my hand. "Why me?" I gasped between sobs.

Pippa's POV

"Why me?" Jess gasped, barely able to speak between her sobs. My heart broke into a million pieces as she cried. "You don't deserve any of this Jess. Kayla is fucked up." Eliza said. I glared at her for swearing but I didn't really care right now. "Sorry." She whispered. "It's okay." I smiled at her. "Jess. I need to know if you can breathe okay?" She nodded, although the way she was gasping was telling me otherwise. "Can you say it to me Jess?" She opened her mouth to speak but all that came out were more gasps and sobs. "It's okay Jess. Can you stand to walk over to the couch?" She nodded and tried to get up. Eliza and I helped her walk to the couch and she sat down. "Okay. Breathe with me okay? Like Jenna taught you." Jenna had taught her some breathing techniques a few days ago, and this was the first panic attack she'd had since so she needed to use them. Jess nodded and copied what I was doing. In out, in out. "Good Jess, is that better?" She nodded. Her breathing was significantly better. "I'm o- okay now." She stuttered. She was still shaking and crying, but she did look better. "I'm gonna go take a nap." She got up and walked to her room. "Okay. Don't-" I hesitated. "Don't hurt yourself okay? Promise me?" She smiled. "I promise." She went into her room and closed the door. "That bitch Kayla won't live to see another day. I want her dead." Eliza said, picking up her phone and typing aggressively. "Eliza stop. First of all, stop swearing so much. Second of all, don't text her. It will only make her more likely to hurt you both. I'll contact the school and let them know that Jess and Kayla don't get on, hopefully they'll more Kayla out of her classes." Eliza was also crying. "I'm just worried about her." She said. "I know. Me too. But we're helping her the best we can. Do you wanna watch a movie until Jess wakes up?" She nodded and smiled we put on The Lion King. I grabbed some snacks and we sat in silence and watched until Jess woke up about an hour later.

"Hi Jess, how you feeling?" I asked when she sat down on the couch in between Eliza and I. She smiled. "Better." She grabbed a handful of popcorn and watched the movie with us. When it was finished, Eliza had to leave. "I really don't want to go. Promise me you'll call if something happens?" She said to Jess. "I promise. Don't worry I'll be okay. I'll see you tomorrow at rehearsal." They kissed and Eliza left. "Pips." She said. "Yeah?" I grabbed myself a cup of coffee and then grabbed one for Jess. "I'm worried about rehearsal. Samantha made friends with Kayla, what if she says shit to me?" I reached for her hand. "If Sam says anything to you, call me. And you'll have Eliza there with you, she really cares about you so she won't let anything happen." She smiled. "Thank you Pippa. I'm gonna go watch netflix in my room now." She got up and grabbed a bag of chips before going into her room. "That bitch Kayla. I'd fucking kill her if it wasn't illegal." I whispered to myself. Jess really didn't deserve any of this.

And she really didn't deserve anything that was to follow either...

1075 words :)
CLIFFHANGER MY DUDES. i'm telling you you're not ready for what's coming. i might publish the next chapter tonight if i can be bothered to write it, cos it's gonna be a looong one. anyways kayla can go fuck herself. have a good day <3