seven

"She's a dangerous woman, the kind that plays with fire
And with such wildness in her heart.
So many men who try to tame her always fail
for they never understood
that the forest in her was sown from the start.
In the moonlight alone her secret is revealed,
she has the spirit of a wolf that belongs
only to herself, to the earth and to the dark."

September 4th - 1976

Stars shone as sugar spilt over black granite underneath Hope Mikaelson who stood at the balcony of the astronomy tower. The night sky was such an welcome sight, appearing like magic each sunset to be gone at the first dawn's light. Hope smiled, feeling  the wind blow softly her chestnut hair into a tousled mane. Watching the stars became one of her favorite hobbies when she was little, it always seemed to wash away her worries as they crumbled to dust beneath her feet. She remembered when her father found her laid down on the ground of their family mansion gazing at the stars above, he sat down with her and began to pinpoint each constellation and the stories behind them.

She was so enwrapped in naming the constellations silently that when she heard someone knocking slightly on the cold cobblestones, her eyes flashed bright yellow. She took a deep breath and forced her eyes to turn back to their normal shade of blue. She turned around and was surprised to see none other than Sirius Black watching her with his clever silver eyes as if he wanted to capture the moment when he saw her under the moonlight in his mind. They stared at each other for a few moments but neither found the strength to utter a word.

He approached her slowly and stood beside her on the balcony turning to gaze at the stars just like she had done moments before. He turned to look at her and smiled softly pointing at Sirius and Orion ''Did know that star was named after me?''

Hope couldn't help but laugh softly  ''Sirius. The brightest star in the sky, also known as the dog star. Tell me Sirius, are you a dog person?''

He smirked slightly as if the thought of a dog amused him ''I am. You know in ancient times, men used the magical symbols above the night sky for navigation. They also used to believe that each person had a destiny written in the stars.''

''Are the stars telling you that your destiny is a dog?'' Hope mocked him slightly.

He shook his head and laughed slightly ''No, but stars have a hidden way to tell you that somethings are just meant to be.''

Hope stared at him and asked him quietly ''If you had the chance to know what your destiny would be, would you change it?'' Sirius turned to look at her with his molten silver eyes shining in curiosity before taking a deep breath and answered hesitantly.

''Yes. Mostly because of the war happening outside these walls. I can't imagine someone having their happy ending with that lunatic running around with his pureblood supremacy mania'' he scoffed slightly, causing Hope to smile.