eleven

Who is this, whose eyes,
even now, sparkle through my mind,
to steal pieces of my soul?
Her laugh ripples down my spine
with warm familiarity
as if,
somehow,
I'd spent a life with her already,
as if the universe
had written this story years ago,
and now sat atop high clouds
as it unfolded
smiling at my doubts -
as if there was any chance
I would not love this girl
for the rest of time.

Who is this, whose eyes,even now, sparkle through my mind,to steal pieces of my soul?Her laugh ripples down my spinewith warm familiarity as if,somehow,I'd spent a life with her already,as if the universehad written this story years ago,and now sa...

September 30th - 1976

Sirius Black stared at the familiar soft silver shimmer of the disillusionment charm exiting the alleyway, the only reminder that their secret meeting had happened. The elder Black clutched the letter with shaking hands, reading the cursed words one more time as if he wanted to engrave them in his brain, when he noticed something. The small piece of parchment that he was holding seemed to weight more than it should. He raised his wand in the direction of the neatly round letters and started mumbling a few borderline illegal detection spells that one could only find in old manuscripts in the Black library.

He widened his eyes at what he found. In front of him stood a crystal blue list indicating what types of spells and charms were imbued in the letter. Several compulsion charms were found variating from subtle compulsion that once  ignored triggered a complex chain of  severe compulsion charms that caused the receiver of the letter more compliant to their will which would explain why his little brother was so resigned that he had no way out of this mess. As he read through the multiple compulsion charms found, his jaw dropped when he spotted a blood charm also imbued in the letter, one that was normally used in old betrothal contracts that made the receiver at the mercy of anything without any means to defend himself.

Sirius Black prided himself for his self control but the moment he discovered the contents of the letter, he snapped. His magic went haywire causing the nearby glass windows from the shops to explode in millions of pieces, barely noticing the exclamations of shock from the owners of the establishments. There was a scream of unadulterated rage burning deep as if his soul was ready to unleash a demon, but he hadn't uttered a sound. The anger glinting in his silver eyes showed the scared child within, the young boy who was taught that he should be proud of his upbringing, the one that had to shield himself from his parents punishments for his beliefs, starving of the love he desperately craved. Only the very few could see the pain beneath the smirks and flirtations, the persona he created to fit a world of indifference.

While his mind dwelled in such thoughts he started to notice that the owners of the stores were walking through Hogsmeade looking for the culprit that frightened their customers. Sirius quickly casted a notice-me-not charm over himself until he exited the dark alleyway, canceling the charm once he was far away from the scene, when suddenly, he collided with a petite body causing him to grab the arms of the person to steady her. Frowning, Sirius looked to the arms attached to the body, until he saw a face that hadn't left his mind since she arrived four weeks ago.