Chapter Seven: Blind Eye

Yui's P.O.V

A lot happened after my confrontation with Kyoko. In my hangouts with the Amusement Club members, Ayano would get invited to join us since the other girls were on vacation with their families or didn't want to hang out, and we would go watch movies, play dancing games, or go to my house to play charades. Something I noticed was how Kyoko and Ayano were close to each other most of the time. It seemed odd at the time, but then my suspicions were put down when they stopped talking for a while towards the end of summer.

Now I'm in 9th grade and everything feels weird. Kyoko has stopped doing weird things to me and it seems everything is back to normal. I think.

At school...

"Yo, Yui! Wanna eat lunch together?" Kyoko asked.

"Oh, sure thing." I replied and accompanied.

Kyoko started humming while we were walking to the cafeteria.

We got our food and sat down in a table.

"Itadakimasu~" Kyoko and I said in unison.

We started eating.

"Mmm, this is so good!" Kyoko said happily.

"Yeah, it sure is." I replied.

After eating, we had a bit more time to talk to our friends and then the school bell rang. Me and Kyoko waved at each other and went to our separate classrooms.

While being in class, I continued to think about Kyoko and how she seemed a bit more distant in a way. I spent so much time thinking about things that would be making her act differently around me that I spaced out and the teacher was calling me.

"Hello? Earth to Funami? I know the wall is pretty but please, pay attention here." The teacher said while pointing to the board with his chalk.

The other students laughed. I blushed feeling very embarassed.

After class ended, I tried to look for Kyoko, but to not avail. Luckily, I ran into Akari and Chinatsu, who just left class and were probably on their way to the Amusement Club.

"Oh, hey Yui!" Akari called out to me.

"Hello Yui-senpai~" Chinatsu greeted me.

"Hey guys. Have you two seen Kyoko?" I asked. I can't seem to find her.

"Maybe she's on the second floor?" Chinatsu guessed.

"Alright, I'll check there. I'll meet you guys in the Amusement Club when I find her." I told Akari and Chinatsu.

"Alright." The girls said.

After quite some time passed and the sun was setting, I found Kyoko close to a stairway but quickly hid behind the wall when I saw Ayano in front of her looking down.

"Toshino Kyoko!" Ayano said, incredibly red.

"Wait, is she going to confess to her? To Kyoko?" I thought, blushing a bit.

"Toshino Kyoko... will..." Ayano said, trembling.

"It's okay, Ayano, just tell me what you need to tell me. There's no reason to tremble." Kyoko replied.

"Will you be my girlfriend?!" Ayano yelled out.

Kyoko was surprised. I'm surprised Ayano went and said it.

After a bit of silence, I thought: "Oh Ayano, she's going to-"

"Sure." Kyoko replied.

My heart stopped a bit. She said yes? What?? I started blushing hard.

"S-sure?! What do y-y-you m-mean s-sure?! Y-you y-you said..." Ayano said, unable to understand what Kyoko said.

Kyoko grabbed Ayano's hands, surprising Ayano.

"Yes. I want to be your girlfriend." Kyoko said, and smiled.

Ayano looked at Kyoko and her eyes sparkled.

And in that moment, they closed their eyes and kissed.

I started blushing inmensely. They actually kissed...

I saw the entire kiss, and they stopped kissing.

"Toshino... Kyoko..." Ayano said, and smiled. She looked so happy.

"Please, you can call me by just Kyoko now." Kyoko said, calmly.

"Okay, K-Kyoko..." Ayano said, blushing.

I quietly left but not before making a bit of sound with one of my steps.

"Crap...!" I thought.

"Is someone there?" Kyoko asked.

I left fast as to not get spotted and took another stairway to go to the Amusement Club.

They kissed... So unexpected, and yet, why am I blushing? This has to be some sort of joke. Maybe they planned this whole thing up, and Ayano saw me and that's when she called out Kyoko's name. Either way, I don't have proof of that, but I had a feeling something was up, and that was it. But I turned a blind eye and now they're dating...

While walking to the Amusement Club, Kyoko caught up to me by running.

"Hey Yui, you went off without me!" Kyoko said, a bit tired.

"Oh, sorry. School's already giving me assignments, so I feel a bit down." I said.

"Hm? That's unusual. You never complain about schoolwork." Kyoko said, a bit confused.

"Ahh, that's true..." I replied.

"Heheh, Yui, you're getting old~" Kyoko said and she put her left around me.

"I'm still pretty young, thank you!" I said and I pushed Kyoko off me.

"Alright, alright, whatever you say." Kyoko said, and shrugged.

We arrived at the Amusement Club. Akari was reading a magazine and Chinatsu was reading one of the volumes of Kyoko's Mirakurun doujin.

"Hello!" Kyoko said.

"Hey guys!" Akari said happily.

"Finally, what took you guys so long?!" Chinatsu said, a bit annoyed.

"Just had to do some schoolwork before coming here." Kyoko lied.

"Liar." I thought. "I was looking for Kyoko, but I couldn't find her where you told me to look for her so I left her behind."

"So rude!" Kyoko said, a bit annoyed.

"Then don't disappear on me next time!" I said, increasing my voice a bit.

"Noted." Kyoko replied.

"Alright, but we all know Kyoko doesn't actually do her schoolwork until it's due the next day." Chinatsu said, suspicious.

Akari gasped.

"What were you REALLY doing?" Chinatsu asked.

We all went silent. We all stared at Kyoko and she was staying silent. Then, after 30 seconds passed...

"Well..." Kyoko said.