◇EPILOGUE◇

■■■
○○○○○○○○○●○○○○○○○○○
° EPILOGUE °◇
○○○○○○○○○●○○○○○○○○○
■■■

"Hazel Dora Keenan, left an honorable memory behind. I believe that we can all agree to that. She made the most out of everything. She made friends out of everyone and never ceased to see the good in people. Hell, she would defend the Nazi's and leave people looking at her like she's crazy." Matthew chuckled.

Then continued, "She promised that she'll be back before I even missed her when she left for that trip." He cleared his throat from the emotions.

"In her defence, she didn't specify in what condition she would return. So Haze, I forgive you for not preparing me for this. I forgive myself too, for the self loathing and for letting this eat me alive. For not considering how looking at me failing to survive without you made you feel. I'm ready to let go of you, to allow you start a new adventure with other angels like you..." his voice cracked.

"I miss you so much, we all do. But we need you to look out for us from a higher level now. Have fun on your new adventures." He quickly descended to sit down from the stage.

To say the hall was full would be an understatement. Everyone had come, their then high school teachers, her colleagues, her college mates, high school mates, her Instagram followers and people from the neighbourhood...as well as hospital staff that had been involved with her from the on set.

Matthew's mother and father were there too. His employees as well as his competitors were there. Hell, the whole world was there.

Tony's speech was more directed to the crowd, not his sister.

"I don't have much to say. Hazel was a great friend, sister, daughter...lover and colleague. We loved her and she loved us back twice as much. I don't know most of you here, some of you came to support us as her family and friends. But I do know one thing, she would've made sure that every single one of you recieved the same equal appreciation. So as she requested, under your seats there are envelopes. But! Do not touch them yet." He paused to assess the crowd with a smile on his face.

"Oh she would've loved the look on your face." He laughed. The crowd laughed too.

"These envelopes contain the one thing Hazel loved...she loved it so much that she died of it." The atmosphere changed at the word.

"She wants everyone to know what it feels like to get away and experience change. Some of you have, most of you by business. So she made a few rules, only the person you love can come with you, and I mean it romantically. If you cheat on this rule and bring a fake partner then you're shitting on my sister's memory. It will haunt you, forever. " He paused again, there were excited murmurs going around.

"And 'tis not just a joke. If you don't have anyone to take, what's inside the envelope doesn't expire. If you still don't have anyone to take in whatever year you realise this, give it to someone who might need it. Someone whose best interests you have in your heart." He touched his chest to emphasize heart.

"My sister has a big heart even in death. I guess death has no power over us after all." There were whispers of agreement.

"She loved me so much, 'tis weird for me not to receive this love anymore. But I'll always remember her words...oh shut it!" He mimicked her voice, causing Matthew to choke on a chuckle. Everyone followed with their small laugh, even Caroline laughed through her tears.

Tony chuckled looking down the hall where the door was ajar and the sun shined the most, "I'm joking Haze. She said, don't fear the unknown...die of curiosity like the cat, it has nine lives. Then she shrugged like any of that made sense. It does now though, it does. Thank you all." Tony went and sat down next to his father who embraced him.

She was there, happy and ready to leave. She was ready to go home, a home she didn't know. She just knew it would be warm and loving there, she just knew.

"Goodbye Tony, Matt, Mother, Father. I love you all so much." She whispered and shed one last tear. Then went into the blinding light, another day, another adventure.

The END.