Ummeedein...

"Achchha chalo selfies lete hain. You guys okay with it?" Karan asked to bring some energy and excitement.

They both nodded. Karan took out his mobile and they clicked so many selfies with different poses. Donal too joined them in between and they had fun together while waiting for the re-announcement.

Soon Akanksha came to them and informed them that the award would be announced in 10minutes and the cheerful mood was again turned to nervousness for both of them. They both started mentally preparing themselves for it, probably what to say on stage or how to react over the announcement. They both had seen the cameras panned to them in the meantime and knew that it would be fixed on them to record their reactions after the announcement. What should they do? Should they hug each other as the other jodi winners do? Should they hold hands and walk together? Or should they keep it subtle like all the celebrities generally do when cameras are panned to them. So many thoughts had crowded in both their minds.

"Randeep, mera mobile rakhoge tumhare pocket mein?" Ashi's voice got Randeep back from his thoughts. He gladly took her mobile and put it in his other pocket. So many gestures from Ashi were happening after so long for him.

Soon Aditya Narayan used a tagline for 'Jeevansathi dot com' and they knew that now is the time. For the guests, Gautam Rode, Debattama Saha and one more lady were called and they announced their names. 'Ashi Singh and Randeep Rai'.

As soon as their names were taken, Karan and Helly who were sitting next to Randeep and Ashi, cheered for them. Karan patted Randeep's back while Helly clapped in excitement. The winner jodi, Ashi and Randeep just smiled while looking at each other, not at the same time, and left for the stage. How many things they had thought. But all they could do was smile in exhilaration and walk. That was what sheer happiness had done to them.

As soon as they started walking, Randeep's hand intuitively went to hold Ashi's one. But he soon realised that it would be difficult for her to walk with that gown like before, so he stepped ahead. The excitement was clearly visible on their faces as they were almost running to the stage.

Randeep was supposed to get the award from Gautam while Ashi from Dabattama. The guests were standing in such a way that Randeep had to cross all of them and go to the left to receive the award from Gautam and Ashi moved back to Dabattama after shaking hands with all. The 'Best Jodi' award winners were actually standing miles apart... okay, three people apart from each other on the stage. It had always happened with them. They never planned such things but as Randeep had mentioned in his interview on the last day of the shoot, such weird things keep happening between them.

 They never planned such things but as Randeep had mentioned in his interview on the last day of the shoot, such weird things keep happening between them

Their faces were glowing in contentment, with the smiles wide. The mic went to Randeep first. He thanked his fans and the whole team of 'Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai' while Ashi was admiring him with a smile. When it was Ashi's turn, she thanked her mother for the support, Shashi-Sumeet Productions for giving them the show and having faith in them and all the fans for voting, unaware of the fact that there wasn't any voting for 'Best Jodi' and that it was their appreciation from the ITA family itself. They were elated while expressing the gratitude.