Catharsis

Disclaimer... Warning... Heads up information...

IT'S JUST A FICTION!!

I don't know why am I being so nervous for this particular update, as how it would be perceived.

So it's just a fiction, but of course, some inspiration has been taken from real life events. Please take it as a story.

okay I'm overthinking. Here's the next part!!!

Randeep stepped into the open space of the big terrace, and he spotted Ashi at a far end, with her back to him. When he walked to her, he saw a chat window open in her mobile and wondered whom she must be talking to, that too late at night. But it wasn't something he should be thinking of.

Sensing him behind, Ashi locked her screen immediately and turned. Keeping her phone in her pocket, she rested her elbow on the parapet wall and said, "bolo. Kya baat karni thi."

Perplexed with her cold response, he couldn't find words for some time. The 'good girl Ashi' he witnessed only for a few minutes downstairs, was now again turned into the straight faced, well-poised one. It was probably the first time for Randeep to be so hesitant while talking to someone. He was always the confident, charming and an extroverted guy who wouldn't take time to talk to people. But this time, he was in lack of words in front of his lead costar. Well correction, his ex-costar.

Ashi was still waiting for him to speak up as 'he' had asked for it. She was standing there quietly seeing all that hesitation in his eyes and the restlessness in his moves.

"Woh... kuchh kehna tha tumse", finally he gathered the words to start.

"Haan toh bolo na. Usi ke liye toh khadi hun yaha pe", Ashi said irritatingly.

"Ashi tum kyun mujhse aise baat kar rahi ho yaar? Kabse dekh raha hun main ye", Randeep was almost frustrated with the same tone of hers.

"Kaise matlab? Main aise hi baat karti hun Randeep. Main aisi hi hoon. Aur tumse toh bass abhi 10 min pahle baat ki hai maine." She tried to clarify.

"Main abhi ki baat nahi kar raha. Aur tum aisi nahi ho, main jaanta hun tumhe. Ashi, peechhle kuchh mahinon se dekh raha hun main, tum itna rudely kyun behave kar rahi ho mere sath? Mere sath thik se baat tak nahi kar rahi ho jab sirf hum dono hote hai? Kya baat hai Ashi? Kuchh hua hai kya? Kuchh galti hui hai mujhse? Please batao..." He finally spoke everything he was feeling.

The expressions on Ashi's face suddenly changed, realizing his intention behind this conversation and his restlessness. She mentally cursed herself for agreeing to this.

She turned to face outside, "kuchh nahi hai Randeep. Kuchh nahi hua hai." Her eyes lowered, hiding her under-confidence while stating this.

"Nahi, kuchh toh hua hai. Meri taraf dekho." He took a step closer to her. "Ashi, tumhe lagta hai mujhe kuchh pata nahi chalega ki tum sirf mere saamne badal jaati ho? Baaki sabke sath toh tum waisi hi ho jaise pehle thi. Please mujhe batao agar maine tumhe jaane-anjaane hurt kiya ho toh."

"Maine kahan na Randeep, kuchh nahi hai. Sab pehle jaisa hi hai." She shifted back to keep the distance again, trying to maintain a calmness in her voice but a firmness in her eyes.

He couldn't tolerate her resistance, "nahi hai Ashi. Pehle jaisa kuchh nahi raha hai hum dono ke beech. Pehle kitna mazaa aata tha set pe. Kitni masti karte the hum. Kitna support karte the hum ek-dusre ko..."

"Maine hamesha se hi tumhe support kiya hai Randeep", she didn't allow him to complete. "Lekin agar phir bhi tumhe scene karte hue koi problem hui hogi toh I am sorry." She added.