One Last Time!

He stopped scrolling on a picture of him and Ashi in their 'Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai' attire and the memories of the last two days of shooting flashed like a film in his mind.

*Flashback*

As the final schedule of the school reunion shoot came, he saw the dates as 11th and 12th August and got reminded that it's Ashi's Birthday and their last day of shoot together. He was confused about how to react to it. But this time, he had decided to put all his inhibitions aside and talk to Ashi regarding her strange behavior with him.

When all the gang members met again on the 11th, they were so happy to see each other. As the on-screen characters were reminiscing about their memories, here, all of them were going through the same while shooting for it. They all clicked the supposedly last group photos too. Randeep had looked for a chance to talk to Ashi but he had found her always in her vanity with Ayesha and Kristina, whenever they had free time in between shots. He got to know that she had some media segments scheduled too. He too then engaged himself with Sanjay and Raghav as they were meeting after a long time. The day passed with scenes' shoot, leaving a very small gap for anything.

On the 11th night, he received a call from EP regarding the next day's schedule. They were supposed to shoot for a shorter duration on 12th, but a last minute addition of one more song in the performance made it a full day shoot. It was the last day tomorrow and he had been so damn restless. He knew he had to perform on so much energetic song, he knew it would be Ashi's Birthday celebration but at the end of the day, they would be parting their ways possibly for the last time. This show had been so special for him that he was so emotional because of multiple reasons. He was only twisting in his bed that night, thinking about the happenings of tomorrow. How should they prepare for Ashi's birthday? How should he ask her for a conversation? Would she agree for it? How should he start it? How would they all feel after the wrap? Would they share a group hug? Would they again click numerous group photos? Should he ask Ashi to drop her home? How would they both say a 'goodbye' to each other? Would she hug him while departing?

His mind was occupied with so many things. He was feeling a void inside him since the last shooting days were nearing. A part of his life, Sameer, would forever be lost somewhere. He never believed the news of season 2, as he was aware how the television industry works. Despite all this, he was ready to give all his life to 'Sameer', but deep down inside, even he knew it's not going to happen so soon.

When the news of the show going off-air was broken, he had tried not to get affected with this thing in his personal life. After all, the show was only his work. So he had been hanging out with his friends, partying with them, sometimes just chilling at home on off-days. But the thoughts of Ashi didn't stop troubling him in his self time. He wasn't able to figure out what had happened that a cheerful girl became so calm and quiet in these few months. Moreover, the thing which had been disturbing him the most, was that it was only in front of him, when only two of them were there.

The morning of 12th August didn't turn out to be different, as there were so many feelings rushing in his mind again. The feeling of such a beautiful journey coming to an end, the feeling of not playing a character next day onward, which he was living for almost two and half years. And the feeling of not seeing his co-star and not working with her.

When the cast reached their location, they changed into their costumes of the performance. When Randeep stepped out of his vanity, he saw Ashi being surrounded by the whole cast and crew wishing her for the Birthday. They all were laughing and enjoying so much. Sanjay was as usual being the entertainer of the gang. Randeep stood at a distance watching them. He was waiting for the crowd to disperse, at least crew members. When it was only the gang members there, he went to them and wished Ashi. He received a sweet 'thank you' from her as it was very much evident that she was so happy. They were soon called for the shoot.