Chapter 5

“What- I, ugh, have no idea what you’re talking about.”   Willow stuttered.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “Wooooow. You are a TERRIBLE liar.”

She sighed frustrated. “Look can we not do this now.”

“No.” I said stubbornly.

She sighed again and grabbed my arm. She began dragging me off somewhere, I was beginning to see a pattern with her dragging me off.

“Where are we going?” I asked after a minute when I noticed she was taking me farther away from the camp.

She stopped suddenly and we were in a large field that had lots of large white rocks and flowers. I immediately wondered how so many flowers were growing here when it was almost Winter.

“It’s magic. In this little field it’s always Spring time. I found it when I was six; I got lost during a game of hide and seek.” Willow spoke.

I nodded taking in its beauty. “So are you going to tell me?”

Willow shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. When she finally met my eyes she sighed. “It’s just… I wanted to stop being your friend before you could stop being mine…”

My eyes narrowed with confusion. “Wait- why would I stop being friends with you? Your one of the few people out there who are just as crazy as I am.”

She looked down almost embarrassed. “Well… normally… when kids get claimed they just stop talking to me- except to call me a freak.”

I shook my head. “Why would they do that?”

She sat down on one of the white rocks and I sat next to her. “I was never claimed, Arianna. Everyone thought maybe they didn’t want me because I was defective, or that my mom left me here because she was a teenager and they were both disgraced of me. People that I got close to before just turned around and stabbed me in the back. Well, except my best friend James. He’s been here since he was seven and he stuck with me the whole time.”

“Willow, has anyone told you that you are exceptionally idiotic?” I asked.

“…What?” The confusion was clear on her face.

“I am not the type of person that cares about what others think, and so is Kit. I don’t care if you were so defective that you had two heads and your mother was a teenager, your still a good person. and another thing- why do they think your mom was a teenage girl?”

Willow shrugged. “It looks like my dad is Apollo, which means my mom would have had to left me here.”

“She could have died.” I suggested.

She gave me a blank stare. “Geez. You sure do know how to cheer someone up.”

“Really? Most people say I’m terrible at it.”

“You are terrible at it. I was being sarcastic.”

“oh.” Was all I said.

Willow sighed. “I’m sorry for being a total poop face and ignoring you, Arianna.”

I smiled. “It’s fine and call me Ari.”

She smiled but it soon faded. “Now the only problem is that all of my friends, you, Kit, and James, are going to go on some quest and I’m gonna be some loner here that no one knows.”

“Hey!” I protested. “At least I know you! You are the wonderful, the stupendous Willow… Willow… um what’s your last name?” I asked sheepishly.