Chapter 17

To say the room was the epiphany of all things beautiful and luxurious, would be an understatement.

Yeah. It was that damn cool.

The walls and ceiling were draped in a silk red fabric, so shiny and luscious it looked like a weightless red river floating through the air. Gold seemed to be everywhere, piles of golden rarities surrounded us, each one at least seven feet high. Only a few feet ahead of us was a sort of golden cross over between a bed and a pedestal. The edges were engraved with intricate markings and patterns. But most it was what was on the bed that mattered. An old crumpled woman in dark purple robes.

I don't know how I knew it was Pandora, but it seemed clear as day.

We began to creep towards the bed only to be stopped by a voice. "I wouldn't touch her, it's best to let the old hag rest peacefully."

The women had been hidden in plane sight, only being noticed when her fluent voice rippled through the air. The luxurious cloth that draped around her was the same as the one string across the room. Her hair was a very light, sort of cotton candy blue the went down on waves and trailed on the floor behind her. Her eyes were snake like, yet her face was strangely easily trustable. She was pretty in a exceedingly unearthly way.

We all held our weapons a little higher, assessing the new presence slowly. "Guess we weren't the only ones to be invited to the party..." Eryx mumbled lowly.

She threw her head back in a child like laugh. "Sorry to break it to you kids, but the party is over. Just missed it acctually."

Kits arm stiffened and her eyes narrowed. "Who are you?"

She again giggled and did small, almost sarcastic, bow. "Chasca at your service."

I glanced at both Eryx and Kit, not recognizing her name. Only they looked just as lost as I must have.

She was giggling so often it began to creep me out. "Of course you wouldn't know, I'm not Apollo or Mars. I'm not that important, so let's try that again. Hello, I am Chasca, Incan goddess of girls. It would only make sense I'd look after the old moron, wouldn't it?"

My weapon began to feel heavier. She may have been a goddess of something nonviolent such a girls (not even women) but it didn't stop her from being a goddess. "Honestly Chase, stop playing with the food, it's time we dine down."

This voice came from behind us, making me jump. I swiveled around to find myself an inch away from amazingly defined abs. Now ladies before you get too excited, the mans level of attractive ended there. His bottom half reminded me of a satyr, an albino one at least because of its snowy color. It only got more bazar when I looked up to find a matching white llama head. With one look at him, I knew who it was, my Spanish class finally coming in handy.

"You're Urcaguary!" I shouted, then blushed at my urgency.

It was odd seeing a llama smile but he seemed to be doing just that. "Looks like I have a fan, a pretty one too."

Disgusted wouldn't be quite the thing I felt, what I was feeling was more of a shocked 'what the fuck is happening' sort of feeling. After all it's not everyday a lama man hits on you.

I stepped back and pulled up my swords. "I'm flattered, but I'm not the biggest fan of bestiality."

Chasca threw her head back laughing again. Yup her laugh was most definitely creepy now. "She got you, Gary!!"

"Just let us have Pandora and we'll be on our way." Eryx said getting back down to business.

Urcaguary laughed this time. "I can't let you kids do that, our job isn't done."