Chapter 14

Eryx peered over the hedge next to me, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. It had taken only a few short hours for the humidity to increase to a deathly state, causing his forehead to be tattered with small droplets of sweat (just like mine).

"Shit..." seemed to be the only thing he could come up with as we observed the camp of very strong looking women.

Not that it wasn't an appropriate one; I had been thinking it ever sense the map had showed me where Willow and Ryan were. The others though, they didn't understand the severity of the situation until now, when they laid their own eyes upon it.

I nodded in agreement. "We have our work cut out for us..."

James surveyed the area, that classic 'deep in thought' trance of his taking over. "There's around fifty women - just between the four of us we'd have to take down twelve point five per person. But then factor in my lack of fighting stamina, Eryx' limp, and the fact that Arianna's weapon would have to be in close range to be of any use and it becomes apparent we need to get the others out to help us."

Eryx rolled his eyes, the annoyance vivid in his eyes. "No shit Sherlock."

"Excuse you!" Kit said, taking over the role as stereotypical defensive girlfriend.

I sighed. "So plan, anybody got one?"

"Ryan." Eryx got out focusing on the distant cage. "He's the best fighter there is, we get him out than everything will be easier. We find Willow and leave with disturbing as little as possible. We wanna sneak, not cause a blood bath."

"Why don't we split up?" James questioned.

"Said everyone who ever died in a horror movie..." I muttered under my breath, Eryx' chuckle had been so quiet I almost missed it.

Kit rolled her eyes. "He has a point Ari, we'd be done faster, and like Eryx said we're trying not to fight, why would there have to be more than two people per rescue?"

"Because that's when the serial killer will come up and kill James."

"Why me?" The irritation was not well hidden in his voice.

"You're the only blonde one..."

This comment caused James to shrug, Eryx to laugh (any excuse to laugh at James would work for him), and Kit to face palm.

"As true as that may be, we need Willow and Ryan, and splitting up will be fastest..." Eryx looked around when his eyes set in something in particular. "Kit, Arianna, that ape woman is holding Willow's bow and arrow. Get it, then get Willow, cause she's at her best with it."

Kit paled slightly. "Why are you going with James? Alone?"

He smiled in a very cynical manner. "Oh, just need some guy time is all."

~~~

"Come on, out some muscle into it!" I encouraged Kit as she slowly shoved the unconscious blonde into an empty hut.

She glared up at me. "Remind me again why you're not helping?"

I rolled my eyes. "First of all, I'm keeping watch, if they caught us stuffing an unconscious girl out of eye sight, they would probably get suspicious. Secondly, you already have your cave woman costume on, I'm still trying to work out the skirt on mine..."

She scanned my outfit before sighing and giving the final shove that caused the girl to be hidden. "It's on backwards genius."

I blushed and muttered "Oh..." before swiveling it around so it faced the right way. Luckily enough the hut we were hiding the girl in had been where they kept extra cloths. The only flaw with our disguise being that we both had two breasts.