Chapter 12

Hey guys. I am so sorry for taking so long to update, I have had a few personal things to take care of but it’s all sorted now so I shouldn’t keep you waiting anymore. Thanks for still reading I really, really appreciate it.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Pacing round the living room, round and round, my head spinning from all that I had learned today. This had to be a mistake, maybe the therapist had just called off the meeting today and he was scared to tell me for some reason. So he decided to go to a bar and drink himself to fucking death instead?!

I am so sick of making excuses for him, I don’t know what else to say and do for him. Clearly telling him that I love him isn’t working, isn’t enough for him. I don’t want to leave, if I walk away now I have a bad feeling that this will only get worse. Picking up a vase I threw it at the wall just as the front door opened.

“What the hell Lucas?!”

I gave him the filthiest look I could muster, which to be honest wasn’t hard at this point, then I left the room and locked myself in the bedroom. I can’t be around him right now and let him manipulate me into forgiving him once again, he might not care about himself but I do.

I sat on the bed listening, waiting for him to start apologising but instead I heard the kitchen cupboards opening and closing. A glass hit the bench and the glug, glug, glug of liquid leaving a bottle. Normally I would have burst out crying, not only because he could hurt me so badly without caring, but because I was failing him.

This time however, the anger inside me reached boiling point and even being aware of the danger I couldn’t help confronting him. I left the bedroom and slammed the door behind me, he looked up at me as I entered the kitchen then away from me as he took a long drink.

“Aren’t you going to explain?”

“No you won’t listen to me anyway and I won’t change, I need this you wouldn’t understand.” He mumbled.

“Then help me to Elliot!”

“What is the point Lucas? The old Elliot is gone and this is me now, why can’t you just love me for me?”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that, this was getting ridiculous now. “Do you love me Elliot?”

“Of course I do.”

“Enough to quit all of this and come to counselling with me?”

Silence. That’s what that question was met with, he didn’t even look at me as he took another swig of vodka. I guess that was my answer right there, so I walked away back to the bedroom this time tears stung my eyes as I shut the door behind me.

I grabbed a duffel bag and began filling it with my gear, my toiletries and my laptop so that I could talk to Charlie and Domingo about what was happening. Then when I was packed I called my mother and told her I’d be coming home, she tried to ask me questions but I hung the phone up.