Chapter 11

I walked quickly down the sidewalk, mind full of purpose. If he couldn’t fight to get back to me then I would fight to bring him back myself. I was tired, so tired of fighting to love Elliot but I guess that’s the nature of love, it’s easy to fall in love with another person but not easy to maintain that love if they don’t want it.

I may be tired but I am not giving up on him. I could see Helens house in front of me, Elliot and I had our own laptop but I didn’t want him to know what I was doing. I knocked on the door and she beamed as she saw me standing there but her face dropped as she saw that I didn’t return it.

“What’s happened?!” She panicked.

“Nothing Helen, I was just wondering if I could borrow your laptop to talk to Charlie and Domingo please? Ours is on the blink.” I replied trying to smile now.

“Sure come on in Lucas, it’s in Elliot’s old room you know the way don’t you?” She winked smiling again.

“I think I can manage it.” I smiled genuinely now.

I moved past her and up the stairs to Elliot’s room, it had been stripped of everything that belonged to him and turned into a guest room. In the corner there was an old writing desk with a lamp and the laptop on it. I moved to the desk and sat down, turning it on and quickly loading up Skype. I called both Charlie and Domingo’s numbers three times each until Charlie eventually answered on the fourth try.

When his face showed up he looked concerned, normally we plan conversations and phone calls but this one was unannounced. I should have pre-warned him this could have been a wasted journey but he was here now and I needed his help.

“Lucas? Hey man what’s up?”

“Hey dude I am sorry to disturb you at work but I really need to talk to you about Elliot.”

“Ok what’s going on and why are you at my mum’s house?”

“Because I didn’t want Elliot to hear me talking to you.”

“Look Lucas I don’t want to get in-between your arguments, I know you’re my friend but Elliot is my brother dude?”

“I know that and I wouldn’t be talking to you if I wasn’t desperate. He needs help Charlie and I am so worried about him, he probably won’t forgive me for this but I fear he might do something he will regret if we don’t help him.”

“Ok you have my attention Lucas what’s wrong with my brother?”

“He’s suffering from what I believe is a very bad case of post-traumatic stress disorder, he’s hurt me a few times because he disappears into another world and he thinks I’m trying to attack him. He promised me he would get help if I left him to do this on his own, but it’s either not working or he hasn’t got help. Tonight he had his worst episode yet and afterwards he started drinking vodka like it was water Charlie. I don’t know what to do and I don’t want to lose him.”