Friendzoned

Danielle Clarke was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on. Her silky blonde hair stretched down to her hips, which swayed teasingly when she walked. Her light, iridescent skin complemented her shimmering baby blue eyes perfectly, with pouty lips that were stained the color of love. The way she tucked her locks behind her ear was mesmerizing and I could barely breathe when she faintly giggled. Her thin legs bounced with every step, and I could tell she was approaching me. She flashed me her pearly smile and batted her long eyelashes once she reached my locker. "Do you mind if I borrow your chemistry notes?"

Her sexy voice swirled in my ear drum as I mustered up the courage to respond, "No, go ahead."

Handing her the spiral notebook, she clutched it against her breasts. Her tongue re-hydrated her lips and with her words spilled a minty sensation I wanted a taste of, "Thanks Brenden, you're such a great friend." 

Damn. Friendzoned again. 

Repeatedly, I inflicted the pain of the 'f' word onto my head by hitting it against the locker before me, "Tough break." A voice behind me sympathetically startled me. I turned so that the back of my head would be resting on the cold metal, and examined which classmate the voice had come from. 

Standing there in an old pair of blue jeans was Pete, my best friend since grade school. He was holding back a hearty laugh as he watched Danielle return to her side of the locker banks, "When are you gonna give it up?" I watched Pete as he took his hand up through his jet black hair and pathetically looked at me, "She has seen you as her 'best friend' for over four years now." 

He was right of course. Ever since eighth grade math class with Mr. Rooney, Danielle and I became pretty close. Which didn't bother me back then because I was psyched just by the fact she was even talking to me. Four years later though, it had become utterly depressing that when she hugged me I couldn't grab her butt, or when I drove her home I couldn't kiss her goodnight. I thought that if I ever made a move on her, it would ruin our friendship, but since I hadn't made any moves for the entire time I've known her, I got caught in the friendzone. A place a man never wants to be. 

I glared at Pete slightly, I wasn't enthused by his observation, "I know man, but it's Danielle Clarke." Everyone knew that Danielle was probably the most prettiest girl to ever attend Daley High School, besides my other friend Schoop's mom of course, who was a total bombshell. "This year is going to be different though. We're seniors now, and I am not leaving the doors to this high school without Danielle on my arm." I vowed, but Pete just laughed at me. 

"Good luck with that bro," he said walking with me down the hall. A few lockers away, we stopped by Andrew Schoopstin who was just getting rejected by another girl, "That's the fifth one this week," Pete jokingly punched our friend in the arm. Schoop was one of the goofiest kids I ever met, but that was why he was good to have around. Pete and I befriended him in the ninth grade, firstly because he made us laugh, secondly because he made us look good. 

Schoop's weak fist hit him back, "I will find a date for the party next weekend," he sternly promised. Pete and I knew that it was unlikely since Schoop hasn't had a date since freshmen year, but we patted him on the shoulder encouragingly. 

"Not before Brenden gets Danielle to be his girlfriend," Pete sarcastically remarked. So, I punched him in the arm that Schoop didn't try to hurt. My punches were a little more effective. 

Schoop laughed harder than Pete did at that comment, "Danielle and Brenden? Yeah, right." His shaggy yellow hair flopped over his eyelids, forcing him to do his signature hair flip. Once he could tell I was unamused by this joke, he stopped his chuckling and joined us in our stride towards the parking lot. The three of us climbed into Pete's rusting beater, "Damn Pete, when you gonna get this thing fixed up?" Schoop complained from the back seat.