Chapter 9- A Welcome Home to Remember

PLEASE READ NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys! i am so sorry that i didn't upload at ALL but i forgot about wattpad since school started because of homework and work. sigh, there used to be a time where i wouldn't do either until i got my writing done but with my grades.. yeash... anyways! here you guys go! but i'm thinking i might rewrite this same story idea and make it more like how i planned it but who knows if that'll happen. I just wanted to thank you all for reading, hope you liked it as cheesey as it was

~Kat

December 24th, three months later:

"AAAACCCEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" my little cousin screamed running down the hall, "LLLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEESSSSSSS  HUNNNNNNNTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

"Oh you get back here, Maria!" I laughed as I raced after her, "And be prepared to face..." I said in a small whisper as I came up behind her, "THE TICKLE MONSTER!"

She screeched a laugh as my fingers tickled her sides. Maria jumped away and bolted down towards the dinning hall where the parents were. With a laugh I walked in the same direction.

Christmas Eve. It had been three months since I wrote 'When You're Gone'. And I was getting a little impatient but who was I kidding. It would probably take much longer to get to Hunter all the way in England but one can only hope. The next thing I knew D and Eli raced past me after Jared, my step cousin, in an attempt to get their phones back. Failed attempt I might add. Taking in a deep breath, a wave of cold air swept over me in as the front door swung open.

My heart jumped but slumped down once more as I saw who it was, "What do you want Nate." making it seem like more of an insult rather then a question.

"What I cant come see my almost sister-in-law on Christmas Eve?" he said with a devious smirk plastered on his face.

"No, because I'm not going to let you ruin my day." my lips moved on their own as my mind focused on calming every cell in my body, keeping me from giving him a black eye.

"Oh, but I can brighten up your day. Maybe even make your year, or your life for that matter," Nate said with a devious smirk that made my stomach twist. He hadn't changed in seven months. Not at all. But I had.

"Listen Nate. I want you out of this h-"

"You still haven't given up quick come backs, have you Ace?" I could feel the anger melt away from my features. My eyes glazed over a familiar face as they started to fill with tears. He was wearing a suit that slimmed out his muscles but made them more noticeable. His usually gelled hair was an inch or two shorter then before and untamed. He had gotten paler since I last saw him, and a bit taller. He had grown up. But his eyes were the same deep stormy blue.

"Hunty!" Maria yelped jumping into his arms. He held her in his arms but his eyes never left mine, "Acey loves Hunty!!"

Blush exploded on my face turning my skin the color of my cranberry dress as he let out a small laugh, "Is that so?" my eyes darted to the floor like the Persian rug was the most interesting thing in the world, "That makes me less nerves."

Confused I lifted my eyes only to find him moving toward me. My breath caught in my throat as he slid down on one nee, "Acilia Crawford, ever since the day I left the memory of you has kept me wanting to leave the elegant England and get a one way ticket back here. I love you Ace, I have since the moment I saw you. Will you marry me?"

My eyes bulged as my heart stopped. I had always been used to the idea of marrying Hunter, whether I liked it or not, but now... I had the choice. I guess you could say it's an easy answer. I loved him, Maria was right. But-- What if it was just all wrong? What if I didn't really love him? What if I say no? What if I say yes?

So many questions circled through my mind as I stared at him with wide eyes.

I felt kind of bad. My lips wouldn't move and the air wouldn't come, so I couldn't give him an answer. So I just stood there and stared as my family stared. As Hunter looked into my eyes with a worried glace.

Within seconds my heart woke up and I swear it had a seizure because I made me do something that I knew I would regret later.

I kissed him.

Right on the lips in front of my entire family and friends. But I didn't care. At this moment, there was us, and us alone. There was no Nate, no Mom or Dad, no D and Eli and no other world besides this one-- Right here.

My lips departed from his as he understood my communication. Breath finally drifted into my lungs allowing me to whisper, "I missed you so much," just before he crushed his lips to mine.

I could faintly hear cheering around us as Hunter rose to his feet. He pulled a small red box out of his pocket and tugged at the lid. I slipped it from out of his figures and opened it easily, "Your such a cl--" in side was one of the most beautiful rings I had seen in my entire life. To a normal girl this ring would look cheep and boring, with only one small ruby in the center. But this ring---the shape of a guitar rapping around a finger---was all I could ever ask for.

I glaceed over at Nate who gave a genuine smile, "Merry Christmas, like my gift?" that ass.

Looking back to Hunter I said lightly, "Couldn't love anything more."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, "Happy birthday, Ace."