Chapter 5- Prom

CHAPTER 5-

“IT’S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN! PROM EVERYONE!” the speaker above my desk blared as everyone cheered, “OK, OK, SETTLE DOWN NOW. I KNOW YOU’RE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE YOUR DATES BUT I HOPE YOU GIRLS OUT THERE HAVENT BOUGHT YOUR DRESSES YET BECAUSE I HAVENT ANOUNCED THE THEME! THIS YEAR’S THEME IS….” the crowd grew silent in anticipation, “MASKERADE SECRET GARDEN!”

Cool! Oh my god! I haven’t looked for a date yet! Or a dress! What am I going to do?!

The rest of the day was completely and utterly boring. At the end of seventh period I finally got the courage to ask Nate to prom. I really wanted to go with him but I had no idea if the feeling was mutual. When I made it to my locker he was already there. A smile stretched across his face as I walked closer and returned a happy (but nervous) gaze. Once I made it to him he placed me in front of his locker and put his arms on either side of me, making me become his prisoner. His lips pressed to mine a bit harsher than last night under the tree. When he pulled back he started to talk, “So prom,” thank god! “You already got a date?”

“Depends, are you asking me?” I said teasingly.

He laughed, “Depends, do you want to go?”

“Depends, do you?”

He placed his hand around my waist, pulling me to him, “Only if I can go with you.”

I pressed my lips to his, giving him his answer. One problem down, one to go.

I rapidly searched my sister’s closet for the perfect dress.

“Honey?” my sister’s sweet voice said from behind me, making me jump. “What are you doing? You hate to wear dresses.”

“I need a dress for prom, the theme is secret garden,” I said not meeting her gaze.

“Oh prom! Who are you going with? Your fiancé?”

“Actually no, I’m going with the guy I actually like, Nate,” I kept searching ignoring her disappointed look.

She shrugged, “You mean Hunter’s brother? He’s bad news Honey, stay away from him.”

I abruptly stopped my search and turned to my sister with anger, “He’s not! I love him, Chris! And I hate Hunter! Why can’t you, mom and dad see that!?”

I stormed out of the room in anger. Once I made it out of the Victorian room I realized I forgot a dress. A sigh escaped my lips as I walked defeated to my room. When I placed my hand on the gold handle a peculiar sound entered my ear…. Music. And not just any music…. Three Ace’s music! I threw my door open to find D and Eli standing with their instruments, ready to play.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“We wanted to say sorry, we just were sick of all of the glares from all of the other girls. We should have told you,” D said sincerely as Eli gave me her puppy face.

“That doesn’t change the fact that you lied to me!”

“You lied to us too!” D exclaimed. My eyes fell to the ground and a shameful feeling engulfed me. “Listen we’ll forgive you if you forgive us.”

“Then we have a problem,” I mumbled. Then out of the blue a grin stretched across my face, “Cause I’ll forgive you if you forgive me.”

We all burst out into laughter. It felt as if nothing had changed between us, and I don’t think any thing had. When we finally stopped laughing and rolling around Eli spoke, “My guess is that you need a dress.”