In Tune With Mr. Player

My name's Ace, I'm a normal nobody guitarist. He’s Hunter, the school playboy. He’s known for not loving anyone but kissing every girl in the school, all but ten that is. Hope, Alice, Mariah, Niki, May, Skylar, Tori, Dakota, Eli, and I are the ten. Of course being the playboy he is, he’s trying to pick us off one by one. There used to be thirteen till the three caved into his looks. Summer comes and by the time we’re back there are only three of us, me, Dakota, and Eli. “Three girls, three targets, three challenges, three road blocks to fame,” Hunter always said. But what happens when Dakota and Eli are picked off?! Will I cave? Or will I put up with his flirting until graduation?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Chapter 1!

"You can’t catch me!" I called back to Hunter making my hair curtain my eyes.

"Ace! Wait up!" he panted. My feet swiftly rolled along the sand as the wind ran through my hair, tickling my scalp. I inhaled the ocean air as soon as my feet were covered with the salty water that crashed into the sand. "Got you!"

Suddenly, arms wrapped around me making me tip down into the aqua blue waters. The liquid engulfed Hunter and I as laugher escaped my mouth. I stood up but Hunter didn't move at all. "Very funny, Hunter. We have to get back," he still didn't move, "Hunter, that’s not funny, let's go!" still no movement, "Hunter?" I kneeled down beside him and turned him onto his back. My eyes watched hopefully as started to emerge, "Hunter! Hunter!" after a moment of silence, his limp corpse jolted up and connected slapped his lips to mine.

The slobbery mess of lips is not how I had imagined my first kiss...

"Happy 12th birthday, Ace!" he yelled as he ran away while I sat there still in a daze.

____________________________________________________________

FIVE YEARS AND 11 MONTHS LATER

"Ace!" a voice shouted waking me from my daze.

"What?!" I said and my elbow slipped from its place on the table making my head almost have its own place on the wood.

"So your birthday's in exactly one month what do you want?" my best friend Dakota asked as she stabbed the sushi in front of her with a single chopstick. I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor dragon roll being murdered by a stick.

I laughed at her question. She had already known the answer. Even so, I placed my hand to my chin in pretend thought, "Hum, let me think," not so soon after I shouted out, "FENDER EVH FRANKENSTEIN!"

"Ah, no. That guitar is like fifty thousand dollars!" Eli, my other best friend, replied as she threw up her hands in protest. Dakota, on the other hand, was still amused by her killing of good sushi and took no part in the reply. I cringed as Eli's long red hair dipped into her soy and wasabi, that's what she gets for not putting enough wasabi in it... hehe

"Actually, it's twenty five thousand, half fifty thousand," I said ripping the chopsticks from Dakota's hands and giving her a spoon. She only glared back as I grinned. I laughed to myself and remembered the conversation at hand, "I want that guitar SOOOOOO BAD!" I said dramatically.

"Yes, we know, we're your band members and best friends incase you've forgotten these past five years," she paushed in thought, "Wow, it's really been that long," why dont you ask you're mom for it? She has more then enough money!"

"Yeah right, like my mom would support my music career, or hoby for that matter," I said as I let my head fall to the table.

They both nodded in agreement, "Hey, on wasn’t it five years ago you got your first-" Dakota started as she scooped up some yellow tail.