🥀✨ Chapter Six ✨🥀

~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~

Peter pursed his lips as he looked up at the night sky and stared at the star that led to his home. He slowly frowned, sighing as he sat on the roof of Madison's house and decided to stay there for a while, feeling the breeze hit him.

"Why do you still pity humans even if they've done a lot of bad things? Why do you have to suffer just for them?"

His voice suddenly rang in his mind, unexpectedly allowing himself to remember the past.

-
-
-

The past that he couldn't bear to remember...

"Peter... I know you're upset but understand me. You shouldn't interfere with humans... Let them live their own lives and they'll get the price of their own deeds... Controlling a human's lifespan is already above the line and you already went through it far enough.", a man's voice said.

"Isn't this what you wanted? Young people won't feel the pain that old people made them carry. They'll live longer if those type of people are gone. They won't feel anything as if their life was some trash that was used for its purpose and get throwned to wherever, just to get stepped on and to never be used ever again.", Peter retorted as the man looked at him with a slight frown on his face.

"My life is an exchange for them to have another chance in life.. To cleanse their sins by--"

"Adding another sin?", Peter suddenly said, cutting the man short on his words as a few men stepped forward and stood behind Peter, ready to hold him back since he was really starting to get disrespectful.

The man looked at the men behind the boy and gave them a reassuring look that meant 'its alright'.

The men looked hesitant yet slowly nodded and took a step back, lowering their heads.

The man then looked back at Peter and sighed, deciding to disregard on what and how the boy responded to him.

-
-
-

"Peter...you know that you'll get punished right...?"

Peter's eyes slowly widened as he stared at the man in disbelief.

What does he mean by 'punishment'..?

He didn't deserve any punishment.

He did nothing wrong.

Peter thought to himself as he shook his head at the man, disagreeing on what he said and obviously not believing that this is happening to him right now.

"Peter, what you just did...it's very unacceptable. I hope you understand.", the man spoke up again and noticed Peter balled his hands into fists as his expression slowly turned to slight anger.

No...

He just cared.

"No...", Peter suddenly let out in an unusual tone, making the man raise an eyebrow at him.