🥀✨ Chapter Fourteen ✨🥀

~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~

"Because I like you." 

-
-
-

"What....?", Peter blinked as he looked at her.

He might have heard it wrong this time. 

Madison face-palmed at his reaction and looked away. 

"Nothing, you can go home now. I need sleep..."

"I guess not..", Peter thought, seeing the slight disappointment in the girl's face as she was about to walk pass him without saying anything more. 

Peter pursed his lips and immediately uncrossed his legs midair and flew towards her until he was in front of her again, making her stop in her tracks and look at him confusedly. 

"What? I'm going to open the window for y--" 

"I heard it.", he admitted, cutting her off her words as the girl raised an eyebrow an scoffed. 

"Ah, you did? Then I guess you're not deaf now, huh? Now get out.", she shooed him and waved her hands at him, only to witness her hands keep passing through the boy's face as if it's not affecting him. 

Peter tilted his head, avoiding her hands so he could look at her. 

"Why are you in a hurry? Did I do something wrong?", he asked innocently, earning a glare from Madison as she lowered her hands. 

"No.", she simply replied to his second question. 

"Are you mad at me?"- Peter

"No."- Madison 

Peter face-palmed. 

Why does it look like she's fighting him because of a small thing--No...perhaps it's a big deal to her..?

"I said I heard it though...", he repeated his answer as his face slightly frowned while looking at her.

"Then why bother asking again if you did?", she asked, crossing her arms at him.

Peter stared at her for a while before looking away, rubbing the back of his head while thinking of an answer that won't offend her.

"I..I just want to hear it again..", he mumbled, loud enough for her to hear.

"That's a pity, because that'll be the last time for me to---"

"That's a bummer, I instantly liked it when you said it to me earlier.", he straight up confessed as Madison raised an eyebrow.

She opened her mouth and was about to say something but closed it immediately and sighed.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?", she asked, changing the topic as Peter hummed, remembering something as soon as she asked that.

"Ah yes. Do me a favor and always lock your door.", he straightforwardly said, making Madison confused by the sudden favor.

"Why?"

"Let's just say this is the safest room in your house, whatever or WHOEVER is outside of it, is an actual threat.", he stated as Madison furrowed her eyebrows.

"....Including my father?", she asked as Peter took a moment to respond before nodding.

-
-
-

"Yes, including your father. Did you hurt yourself today?", he suddenly asked as Madison instantly looked down at her foot.

Peter followed her gaze and look back up at her.