🥀✨ Chapter Two ✨🥀

~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~ ● ~

And that's how it goes, Peter came every night to knock on her window.

There are nights that her father was there in the house but never went into her room since he always stayed downstairs and usually sleeps on the couch due to so much drinking.

However, Madison still moved carefully and opened the window for the boy to come in.

She carefully closed the window as Peter finally got in and decided to sit on the floor facing the side of her bed while Madison sat on her bed, facing Peter as she looked down at him.

"How old are you?", Madison asked curiously, not noticing how straightforward and sudden her questions is.

"Pretty old if I were to count the years, but I prefer being in an age of teenagers.", Peter simply replied, looking at her innocently and patiently waiting for her next question.

"How can you fly?", she suddenly asked as Peter tilted his head at her and thought for a moment before answering.

"I just can."

"Even without wings?"

Peter chuckled at how good she is with questions.

"Yea, I don't need wings to fly.
I just can without 'em.", he smiled as Madison listened to him and all she did was nod in response.

-
-
-

"What about you? Anything to tell?", he suddenly asked, making the girl raised an eyebrow and obviously not getting what he meant.

"I... I can't...fly...?", she let out in a confused tone, making Peter snort and letting out a chuckle.

He shakes his head, meaning that's not what he meant.

"No, not that. I mean, is there anything you want to share about yourself? I've been answering your questions ever since I got here. Don't you think it's my turn to ask?", he asked, making the girl stay silent.

Madison suddenly felt embarrassed, now realizing that she's been asking alot ever since he arrived. She suddenly apologized for asking too much as Peter shook his head in response, smiling.

"It's alright. I don't mind. Now...may I have the permission to ask you some questions?", he asked, politely.

"Why do you kinda sound formal sometimes...?", she suddenly asked as Peter rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's...my way of not being rude, plus, I also wanted to make sure that you're okay with it before I continue doing so.", he replied as Madison mouthed an 'oh' before nodding again.

"Oh, okay then...I guess...you could ask me some questions...", she said softly, almost sounding hesitant.

Peter raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?", he asked again.

Madison let out a sigh and nodded in response.

"I don't want to be unfair, so yes.", she said as she looked at him straight in the eye as Peter smiled and nodded slowly.

"Alright.", Peter said and cleared his throat.

"What do you like to do in your free time?"

"Mostly read books that contains a storyline."

"Books...? What kind?"

"Hm... I prefer the ones that had the fantasy genre in them."

Peter mouthed an 'oh' as he nodded after.