Chapter 3

Fili tried to walk as best as he could, leaning on a stick that he found a few meters from his position. His ankle hurt badly and he was afraid he had broken it, but he had to keep going. Tonight he did not dream of the guy with brown hair.

As he went down that great mountain range, he could see in the distance a river that came down from said mountain range. He went over there to rest. It was the Glanduin River, which separated the Dunland lands from the borders of the mines of Moria, but Fili knew neither land nor the other. He decided to put his injured ankle in the river, the cold would improve the inflammation and pain.

After a while like this, he decided to think that it was time to look for some refuge or some inn where they could attend to him, because the pain he had was such that it did not allow him to walk properly and he could not roam this world infested with dangers, limping, so he would not arrive neither to the Blue Mountains nor to any other side that is not the stomach of some creature or finished off by some class of weapon. - I have to find someone. - He said to himself as he continued to rest on the river bank.

Suddenly, he could hear sounds that came from the other side of the river, familiar and unpleasant sounds that were gradually approaching him. Fili stared straight ahead as he carefully pulled his boot on once he had bandaged his ankle as best as he could.

It was a small group of orcs that walked awkwardly, prowling around the area and sniffing the environment with their weapons in their hands. Fili widened his eyes when he saw them and decided to draw his sword, determined to defend himself, but his weakness would not allow him to act as he would like. There was a large rock a few meters from him, so he decided to hide behind it while he watched the group of orcs approach the river, seeing how they fought among themselves and how one of them seemed to be inferior to the rest, since that orc was the one that received the worst deals from the group. Fili watched them with interest, studying their behavior.

One approached the river to drink, then another, they went in order, possibly considering who was in charge, and then the next most important. But the one who looked like the bottom was nervous about drinking and was ahead of two in front of him. This caused the two who seemed to command to push him and start yelling at him. Fili stood expectantly, squeezing the handle of his sword to prepare himself in case he had to face them, it seemed they were getting angry.

The lower orc drew his sword and decided to use it against one of them, slashing his arm. This was decisive for the two orcs that seemed to command the group that decided to take his life, decapitating that orc with their sword, his head falling into the river and leaving a black stain on the surface seconds later. Later, the one who looked like the leader gave a great cry and all the group dove towards the headless orc lying on the ground, starting to devour him. Fili was stunned to see the scene. - They're cannibals... - He said in a whisper.

He did not want to stay much longer watching how they ate that orc, it was the optimal time to slip away from the claws of those filthy beings. He took the stick in his other hand and decided to walk slowly and crouch back so they wouldn't see him. - I have to find help... - Said the blond dwarf without taking his blue eyes off those creatures. After walking away for a while, he decided to turn and continue on his way, entering the vast lands of Dunland. - Haldir said there are dwarves around here. - He said thoughtfully, but as he walked and walked he did not find any house or any dwarf, everything was barren and boring.

Suddenly an arrow flew over his head from the right, and then another, the latter brushing his golden hair. Fili turned around and what his eyes saw were those who, for long moments, thought he had left them behind, but how wrong he was. The luck he had is that they walked awkwardly, like him, but the case with those creatures was because of their misshapen legs.