Chapter 1

The sun shone again over that city populated by men, a warm sunrise accompanied by the trill of the birds and a wind that gently caresses the faces of those who walk here and there with their chores. Some carried the cattle from one side to the other, there are those who train with swords and other weapons, the children scamperind here and there with their smile intact, others arriving at the city riding their horses coming from other parts, and the king in the highest part of the city, where his rooms are located, watching from above that everything is going well.

We are in Edoras, a town located in the kingdom of Rohan, which later would become important in the history of this world, but for now, everything was calm and in order, at least for some of its inhabitants. One in particular lived happily with his family in a humble house located on the outskirts of that town and now he was asleep in his soft bed, sleeping with a smile on his lips. Suddenly a jug of water fell on his face, startling him. - Get up lazy! It's time for you to continue taking care of the haversts, your mother cannot take care of everything. - Said a slender man with brown hair and blue eyes. - Sorry, father, I fell asleep. - Said our protagonist, jumping out of bed and changing his clothes to go to the kitchen, get some bread and have breakfast while helping his mother in the garden.

-Fili, honey, pass me that hoe and take care of the lettuces, they are going to get bad at this rate. - Said a woman with brown hair and brown eyes. - Marching! - Fili said with a smile, always ready to help. - Father, help me get those scissors, I can't reach them. - Fili said standing on tiptoe, but did not reach them because of his short stature, despite being an adult. - This being short is already tiring me, I can't understand why you are taller than me, even Tysa, and that she is a teenager. - The blond grumbled referring to his sister. - We already told you that your mother had problems when you were born, Fili, by now you should be clear. - Said his father, Egar. Fili looked at him reluctantly, starting to cut the roots of some lettuce and other vegetables. The heat was scorching, the sun hitting him in the face. He paused for a second to rest, wiping sweat from his forehead and beginning to think about his things.

Fili always thought that he was different from them, not only because of his height, but because he was blond and the rest no, things did not fit him but he did not care, he always lived happily in that town of men, used to the life forms from there. He dropped the scissors from his hands to the ground and sat down to sleep against the wall of his house, in the sun, he was dead with fatigue. - I can't take it anymore, my hands hurt from the number of calluses I have. - He said, giving in to sleep despite the light.

Suddenly he could see some trees above him, shaking their branches from one side to the other, forming a breeze that hit him in the face. He could then hear two manly voices at his side, one considerably lower than the other along with the sound of clashing swords. Suddenly a laugh, coming from the less serious voice, was heard. - That's not worth it, you have more experience in this than me. - Said that voice. - You have to make yourself strong, if I don't make it difficult for you, you will never learn. - Said the strong voice.

Fili rubbed his eyes, breathing heavily as he watched the glimpses of the sun making its way through the leaves, muttering meaningless words. - Hey, brother! Train with me, you've been sleeping for a long time. - Said the soft voice. Then he noticed that a sword fell at his side, in the grass, and he looked at it strangely. He picked up the handle and raised his sword to get a better look at it, something of it familiar to him. - Fili! Come on, get up! - Said that soft voice. - Come on, I'll give you a hand. - That voice said again. Fili took the guy's hand and could see that he had brown hair, with brown eyes. - Come on brother, we have to train. - Said. "Brother? But I don't know who you are." The blond dwarf thought, seeing that he was the same height as that guy. - Come on, our uncle is going to be angry for taking so long. - Said that guy with a smile, starting to see him blurred, Fili was waking up.