Chapter 32

"There's so much to do and so little time," I stress as I try to figure out what to do first. "Soph relax. It's only 10am. We've got plenty of time to get the house ready," Alex reassures me. "Okay well I'm also on crutches, so that kind of slows things down a lot," I sigh.

Today is June 5th, also known as Tucker's birthday. Last weekend Drew and I decided that we were going to throw Tucker a party. Now it's finally the day and there's so much to do.

"What time is everyone else coming over to help?" Alex asks as she hands me a plastic table cloth. "They're coming over at 12 to help me decorate the house," I tell her while covering the table. "I'll be leaving right around then. I've already ordered the food which will be dropped off, but someone is going to need to pick up the cake," Alex informs me.

"I couldn't have done this without you Al. Thank you," I sigh wrapping my arms around her waist. "Happy to help. I know how much this means to you," she smiles.

By the time 12pm rolls around, the backyard is nearly set up. Right on cue, the doorbell rings. "It's open!" I yell from the kitchen. Drew and the rest of the gang come walking into the kitchen with balloons and bags of decorations.

"So we pretty much just bought all of the balloons and decorations that the party store had," Ross informs me while dumping out one of the bags filled with decorations. "We'll use it all. We've got plenty of things to decorate," I laugh.

"Well on that note, I'm gonna head out to meet up with the team. I left one of my credit cards incase you need to get anything else. If you need anything, please call me," Alex urges. "Will do. Thanks Al," I say giving her one last hug.

"Alright so the backyard is set up, but it needs decorations. Also we still need to pick up snacks, drinks, and cups. The food is being delivered, but the cake also needs to be picked up," I tell everyone. "Ross and I can pick up the snacks and drinks," Mike offers. "Yeah Emmy and I can get the cake," Mackenzie adds. "Thank you guys so much," I say appreciatively.

"What are we doing about music?" Addison asks curiously. "I've got that covered. I have a friend who's gonna DJ the party," Drew informs her. "Alright well we should get going. Everyone is arriving at 7:15pm to get ready to surprise Tucker," I urge. "Let's do it," Drew says and claps his hands together loudly.

...

"Finally done and with an hour to spare," I sigh collapsing onto the couch next to my friends. We fist bump each other feeling happy with all the work we put in. "The house looks really great. This party is gonna be awesome," Drew smiles happily. "What time is the food gonna be here?" Ross asks. "Sometime in the next half hour I think," I answer. Ross groans, rubbing his stomach. My attention is taken away when my phone buzzes. I reach into my back pocket and pull it out to see a text from Tucker.

'Need me to pick up anything for our movie night tonight?' it reads. I laugh to myself, letting him know that we're all set. I slip my phone back into my pocket and return my attention to my friends.

"I'll make us some sandwiches," I offer, pushing myself off of the couch.

...

"Everybody ready?! People are pulling up!" Drew yells to us from the front door. I grab my crutches and make my way over to where he is. "Let's do this," I smile opening the front door.

We welcome everyone as they come in and direct them to the backyard. It doesn't take long for the house to fill with people. I guess Tucker has a lot of people that care about him. My phone buzzes again with another text.

'Heading over right now. Be there in 15,' it reads. I feel more anxious knowing that Tucker is on his way over. I quickly alert everyone in the backyard to get ready. The DJ quiets the music and Emmy dims the lights so Tucker doesn't suspect anything when he gets here.