CHAPTER FOUR - ELIZABETH; CHAPTER FIVE - DANIEL; CHAPTER SIX - ELIZABETH

Sailing English Bay was magical. Having taken several lessons over the past few weeks, it was our first time taking out a boat by ourselves. Initially I felt insecure, but Danny’s bravado put me at ease. I was in awe that he could seemingly do every thing. 

By mid-morning as we successfully navigated the clear waters, I acheived a state of zen. British Columbia’s shoreline took my breath away. With its many coves and inlets, and small islands dotting the surface, it was postcard perfect. The beauty of the majestic trees, the clean sand beaches, and the glamour of downtown Vancouver’s skyscrapers, combined to fill me with joy. 

Soon Danny steered the boat into the less congested Strait of Georgia, searching for a secluded spot.

“I left my passport at the hotel,” I giggled, making reference to the nearby border. If we navigated much further south, we’d be back in the States.

“Is that a dig at my sailing skills?” Danny asked.

The sun was beating down full-force. I unbuttoned the cuffed-up chambray shirt I had worn, tails tied at my waist, and removed it, leaving me in a strapless bikini top. A loud whistle caught my attention as I folded the shirt and placed it in my tote bag. I laughed at Danny’s boyish grin. Then I shrugged, and he smiled playfully.

I searched in the bag and found the aerosol can of sunscreen.

“Spray me?” I asked Danny as I approached him at the boom.

I handed Danny the can and he sprayed my stomach and then my arms. A mischievous smile played upon his lips as he said, “chin up.” I complied and Danny sprayed my chest. I flinched as the aerosol danced upon my decolletage.

“That tickles!” I exclaimed and we both laughed.

Then Danny massaged the oil into my skin. I gasped from the electricity of his touch. I turned my back toward Danny. He lifted my braid, sprayed my back, and again massaged in the tropical scented oil.

“My turn,” Danny declared. 

He handed me the can, pulled his polo shirt over his head, and tossed it so it landed by my tote bag. I sprayed his back and then Danny turned around. I sprayed his well-developed pecs and flat six-pack abs. Then I massaged the oil into his taut skin. Playful emerald eyes locked on sapphire ones.

“Why don’t I drop anchor and we’ll have our picnic,” Danny suggested.

“I’ll lay out the blanket.”

I lifted the lid on the teak bench and removed the waterproof vinyl-backed blanket. After smoothing it out on the deck, I carefully placed the picnic hamper on a corner while Danny wrapped the line from the lowered main sail in careful figure eights around the cleat.

“Ready,” I cheerfully announced.

“Me, too,” Danny answered, and he wrapped his arms around my back. Danny’s mind was somewhere other than on the picnic.

Then Danny held me as close as he could and crushed his lips to mine. My hands clasped around his neck, and I held Danny’s face to mine, drinking in his love. His hands caressed my back. Then Danny opened the button and zipper of my denim cut-offs. I gasped from his masculinity as he pressed against me. Danny pushed my shorts down and when they fell to my ankles, I stepped out of them, leaving me in an audaciously revealing orange bikini bottom.

One of Danny’s large hands lingered on my rear as his other held me close around my back. The feel of his hands was intoxicating. My heart beat rapidly. Danny’s did the same. I gripped him tighter. He was hard against me through his swim trunks while one of his hands crept up my back and unhooked my bikini top. It fell to the boat bottom.